Chapter 45

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

    Liam

His nerves rise each time he thinks back to he and Raven's conversation days ago. It wasn't bad... or was it?

"Hey." Liam jumps, his eyes snapping over to Dawson. "You good?"

"Y-Yeah, yeah . . ." he muttered.

Dawson chuckles at Liam's weird behaviour, but doesn't question it. "Okay," he goes back to chatting with the other delinquents around the campfire.

Liam was going to talk to Addison, but she was gone. Along with Raven, Bellamy, Octavia and Monty who went to go find Clarke, Myles and Finn. He wanted nothing more than to talk to Addison or Raven, but he couldn't, and now he's stuck in his thoughts until they came back.

Liam looks across the fire; her blonde hair's done in a half down braided style, eyes squinting when she rocks her head back at something one of her friends had said. His mind was made up.

He springs from his spot by Dawson and ignores his questioning, walking straight over to the girl and her friends. "Callie, right?"

The girl, Callie, looks up at Liam with a shy smile and nods. "And you're Liam," she doesn't miss a beat.

"Yeah," Liam breathed out. "I hope I'm not interrupting you guys," he flickers his eyes to her small group of friends. On her right sits a boy that looks to be a year or two younger than Callie, his curly brown hair in a mess on top of his head. On Callie's left stands a girl that reminds Liam of someone from his and Addison's past on the Ark.

The girl's long auburn hair appears more red in the glow of the fire's flames. She speaks softly and smiles just as softly at Callie, but her words never reached Liam. He snaps his eyes away from her, not wanting to go down memory lane at the moment, and meets Callie's blue eyes.

"Uh, do you maybe wanna, uh . . ." he scratches the back of his nervously. It's not that he's nervous around her; he does think she is really pretty, but that's not what's stumping him. How do you causally bring up a 'good time' to someone in front of their friends?

Luckily for Liam, Callie seemed to get where he was going, and nods. "Sure. Let's go for a walk," she bids her friends a soft and kind 'see you later'.

Callie bounces ahead of him and grabs ahold of his hand, dragging him away from the campfire. Liam can feels eyes on him the further he gets, but he doesn't take the time to look at who they belong to.

Once they were out of earshot from any known prying ears, Callie speaks, "What's the occasion?"

Liam snaps his eyes to her, not fully hearing her nor understanding, "What?"

Callie chuckles and releases his hand, letting it drop back down to his side, "The last time you took a girl it was to get your mind off yours and Addison's fight. What's wrong this time?"

Liam has to admit... she's not stupid. It was after Dawson had kissed Addison that Octavia saw. Addison didn't talk to him for days and she walked in on him and a girl, similar in hair colour to Callie. The girl's name was Andrea, she and him had been buddies for those five days Addison pushed him.