Chapter 17

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She couldn't do anything to save her

She couldn't do anything to save her. She tried, but fail. She could've stopped her, but Charlotte outsmarted her by slipping out of her jacket.

"CHARLOTTE!" Addison screams at the top of her lungs, her eyes wide as her figure disappears down the cliff in slow motion. Addison clutches Charlotte's jacket in one hand and her knife in another, her eyes darkening as she slowly turns to face Murphy.

"No, no, no! No!" Clarke cries, getting out of Murphy's grip and passes Addison, kneeling down besides Bellamy, gasping.

"Addison..."

She lurches forward, her knife raised up and ready to strike Murphy as Finn's attempt goes ignored. "You son of a—let me go!" Finn pushes her back then pins her own arms against her body from behind, the knife falling from her hands and to the rocky ledge underneath her feet with a clink. "Let me go, Finn! He deserves to pay the same way she did, and if it wasn't for him, she'd still be here!"

Murphy's lips part in shock, but Addison wasn't buying it. His shock and almost saddened eyes move past her. "Bellamy."

He quickly rushes past Finn and Addison, shoving Murphy to the ground and beats him, grunting and screaming in anger.

"Bellamy, stop! You'll kill him!" Clarke yells, her fresh tears still spilling slowly.

"So, what?" Addison questions in a hard voice, her own fresh tears spilling as she continues to struggle in Finn's grip.

The boy presses his lips together, his eyes flickering between Addison and Bellamy, before he pushes her to the side and grabs Bellamy, "Get off me! Uhh!" Bellamy yells as Addison stands up, marching her way to beat Murphy up too, but Clarke stops her.

"Addison, please...no more," she whispers, her voice cracking as their tear glistened eyes stare at each other in pain and sadness.

"He deserves to die!" Bellamy continues.

Clarke jumps in front of Bellamy, leaving Addison's side as her eyes follow the blonde girl, "No!" She yells in his face, glancing between him and Addison, "We don't decide who lives and dies. Not down here."

They remain silent, Addison averting her gaze down to a bloody and beaten Murphy with a softer, much less harder look than before. There was no one to blame for this but Murphy, but Addison knows Clarke's right, too. There needs to be some sort of system, a set of rules.

"So help me god, if you say the people have a right to decide—"

"No, I was wrong before, ok?" Clarke cuts Bellamy off, Addison and Murphy connecting eyes. Neither delinquents eyes murderous like they were mere moments ago. "You were right," she says more softly to the eldest Blake. "Sometimes it's dangerous to tell people the truth. But if we're gonna survive down here, we can't just live by 'whatever the hell we want.' We need rules."