Chapter 3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Looking for someone?"

Addison snapped her gaze to theirs, and she grinned. "Liam!" he matched her grin. She jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck while Liam's wrapped round her waist. Liam lifted her up, leaned back, and spun. Addison squealed, "Liam! You know I hate that!"

Liam laughed and placed Addison back on her feet, "It's good to see you again, Addie."

Addison's smiled remained, her teeth visible, "It's good to see you too, Lee."

Clarke walked up, eyeing Addison and Liam before her eyes landed on Addison. "We need to go. Are you coming?"

Addison nodded, unwrapped her arms from Liam's neck, and proceeded to the group. She'd have plenty of time to chat to Liam. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait," Liam grabbed her arm and pulled Addison to a gentle stop, "going where?" his thick brows lifted.

Liam flickered his confused gaze between his best friend and the blonde-haired stranger he knew as Clarke Griffin. "To Mount Weather," Addison lifted a singular brow, "Were you not paying attention to what happened earlier?" Liam's silence said it. She sighed, "Of course you weren't . . ." she moved her gaze elsewhere, elsewhere happened to be the forest. "Were you exploring?"

Addison met his gaze, and Liam nodded. "Yes but that's not the point. If you're going to Mount Weather, I'm coming too."

"Liam—"

"Perfect," Clarke interrupted. "The more hands the better," she elaborated after Addison gave her a disapproving look. Clarke shifted her attention to Lima and waved for them to follow, "Come on. We're wasting time." She then left to catch up with the others.

Addison buried her hands deep into her jacket pockets and grumbled, "Fine. Come on."

She and Liam walked side-by-side as they silently trailed behind Octavia and Clarke. Octavia leaned over to Clarke, "Before you get any ideas, Finn's mine."

Unaffected, Clarke replied, "Before you get any ideas, I don't care."

Addison fought to contain the laugh that threatened to spew between her lips. She moved her gaze to the fallen tree in her and Liam's path as she carefully stepped over it. The last thing she wanted to do was trip and make a fool of herself. Lifting her eyes back up, Addison halted. Innocently, she flickered her doe eyes between the pair of judgy eyes that belonged to Octavia and Clarke.

Addison shrugged smally, "What? It was funny." Clarke's rolled her ocean eyes before she continued the trek. "And before you say anything . . ." Addison pointed to the youngest Blake, " . . . I'm not interested. So knock yourself out, gorgeous."