Chapter 16

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Addison watched Murphy's and the four other boy's figures disappear in the forest to find and kill Charlotte

Addison watched Murphy's and the four other boy's figures disappear in the forest to find and kill Charlotte. She squeezes her eyes shut, hissing in pain. "Ah-mmm .  .  . Octavia .  .  ." she groans in pain, getting her head forcefully raised.

"Keep your head up. Your nose is blooding," Octavia snaps, sliding her index and middle under Addison's chin to lift it up again when it falls slightly.

Bellamy groans and grunts, slowly standing up. "Are you okay?" Addison glances down at him. Octavia lifts her chin up again, this time keeping her fingers under her chin so she doesn't drop it, again.

He nods with a heavy sigh, standing fully on his feet. "I'm fine." Addison squeezes her eyes shut with another groan, scrunching her nose up in pain when Octavia's fingers accidentally hit her bruised neck. "I'm going after him," Bellamy determinedly says in a hard voice.

"I'm going with you." Addison tries standing up but gets shoved back down by her shoulders.

"You almost got hung and your nose is bleeding with a busted lip." Octavia tells her in a stern voice with a shake of her head, "You're not going anywhere."

"Octavia's right, Addie." Liam quickly comes to her side, with Dawson on his trail. "I heard what happened," he says softly.

Addison nods ever so slightly, averting her eyes to Bellamy. "Murphy and those four boys that went with him out number you. You're not going alone," she attempts again.

"I'll go with Bellamy." Dawson intervenes, "You're running out of lives very fast, kitty." He teases her.

She smile's at his nicknames, careful not to move her head. Addison shifts her eyes to Octavia, who stares at Dawson with a look she can't quite decipher. Her jaw's clenched, moving her eyes elsewhere and avoiding Addison's eyes.

Addison merely scrunches her brows in confusion before averting them Jasper, who quietly stands to the side. "Maybe Bellamy's right..." he trails off, meeting her eyes. "You should stay. Almost dying seems to be a common thing around here now."

"She's not going anywhere." Octavia says in a more stern voice, eyes scanning Addison's bruised neck, busted lip, and bloody nose. Their eyes meet and Addison begins to give in—she can't simply say no to Octavia. "She shouldn't even be talking," her green eyes snap to her brother's and the other three boys. "Her vocal chords need rest, after what happened," she says in a less snippy voice, sighing as she inspects Addison's bruised neck again while keeping her head tilted up still.

"Yes, Dr. Blake." Addison teases, earning a look of disproval from Octavia.

"I'll be back soon. Everyone stay here, and make sure nothing else happens." Bellamy states, his eyes drifting to everyone in the small group of five gathered before him. Addison reluctantly nods with everyone else, and he soon quickly disappears in the woods.