- primitive -

—☁︎︎—

Monday 12th August 1974 - 8:43am

— EVE AWOKE from her once pretend sleep (that turned genuine) in the confines of a recognisable concrete square, she straightened up to sit and immediately regretted it before falling back into the mattress that held a similar density to the walls. She turned onto her side and found a few pill boxes that she recognised to be the ones she had written down on that little piece of paper a few days back. 'Twas strange how everything had changed in such a short amount of time. She took the glass of water shakily in her hand as she swallowed all the pills she was allowed to take and already felt better by the fact her head wouldn't be pounding so hard because of them. The packets were unopened, that she made sure of, and the water didn't seem faulty so she took the risk. She hoped for the headache relief medication might also assist with her body ache but she doubted that was possible.

Through the small window of the outside world she saw the morning sun, she missed it on her skin so much already that she was beginning to think how understandable it was to go mad in captivity. Evette was extremely impatient - as I'm sure anyone who met her could tell - but it was much more than that. It was an ache, a hunger in her to do more than just sit around and she was becoming more temperamental and fidgety because of it. Despite the pain her abdomen and shoulders whenever she moved, she began to ran her hands over every inch of the wall to find anything that could've been of use, but only finding one single crack that she could barely get her nail to fit in between. She soon gave up and sat in the centre of the room, her eyes tired and bloodshot from her near weeping faze. She glanced over at the door and wondered when the next time she would see Bucky was.

Her prayer was soon answered.

The door swung open and he stepped in alone and armed. Evette stood slowly (and in extreme pain) and watched as he shut the door behind him. Bucky took a look at the bedside table and the pills that she had obviously ingested in the time between carrying her back to her room and waking up an hour or so later. Bucky had cleaned himself up during that time and Evette wish she could say the same. As soon as Bucky closed the door he practically fell on his knees in front of her.
"You're very dramatic aren't you?" She chuckled out before Bucky gazed up at the bruises on her face, that weren't even contusions he had contributed to, but knew the marks on her neck and her bruised nose were indeed his fault. When she turned her head towards the door, he noticed where Emil had slapped her and he quickly jumped up to see. Her cheek bulged slightly and he held her face in his hands rather delicately. Evette was shocked, by his benign touch, that had always felt so rough because of how he was designed to touch other humans.

"Trust me, I wanna punch him as much as you do." Bucky glanced up at her eyes from where he had been looking at her purple and yellow patched skin that resembled a patchwork quilt.
"They want me to take you back... I'm sorry." Her eyes shut in dread but she flashed them open with a smile of extreme pretence before taking Bucky's hand in her own.
"Try not to be too obvious this time, your fists were clenched a lot earlier." Bucky looked down at her as her lissome hand was placed in his overly large ones, marked with scars that held such antithesis to her smooth ones.
"I'll try." He said and she smiled, Bucky almost does too, before he leads her out with his usual murderous gaze.

The soldier threw Evette to the floor and she coughed on impact of meeting it for what felt like 10th time today. Bucky didn't flinch as much as he knew he could've but managed to held back as Evette had informed him too.
"Anything?" Emil asked and Evette presumed Bucky had shook his head at the question. "Get up Miss Green... we haven't got all day." Evette stood and faced him as he rolled his eyes.
"I'm pretty sure we have probably got a bit longer than a day, considering you kidnapped me." Emil stepped forward and slapped her to the floor once again. "Why the face?" Emil chuckled at the muttered words.
"You're going to talk, or things will get a lot worse for you."
"Alright what shall we talk about this time? I think..." she stood up once again and faced him "the American constitution would be a good topic." Emil almost laughed at her lack of compliance but instead displayed his anger by grabbing her arm and twisting it before he heard a crack amongst her yells. Evette fell to the floor, her arm bent at an angle hardly natural and she whimpered from the sheer agony.

"She won't talk without some persuasion." He looked back at the soldier who stood only to listen to his command.

"Don't worry, there's plenty of other methods."