- obey -

—☁︎︎—

— —, — — 1974 - ?

— —, — — 1974 - ?

—"FINE, YOU CAN TAKE HER TO HER CELL." Pavlovíc gave in, Evette unsure as to what exactly was happening but the panicked look on his face was enough for her to understand that this wasn't right. There was something happening that wasn't normal.

The soldier didn't make a move once again and as more backup appeared in the room, the shell of Bucky didn't flinch but instead calmly looked down at Evette. Her tears were wiped away and her face only held confusion.
"It's okay," she muttered through sniffles "you can take me." He nodded once before glancing at the man who had tried to command him. He pulled Evette into a lift with his forearm beneath her knees and back. She clung to his body like a koala bear did to a tree, it's home. With her confirmation, the soldier walked off and towards where he had assumed the girl had been staying. It was like he could only take commands from her, only hear her words and know that he had to follow them.

No one else's words mattered.

The Winter Soldier marched through the familiar corridors to the cell two doors away from his own, he didn't like that, she was too far. He wouldn't be able to see her, to hear her comforting voice, to look after her. He came to stand in front of her cell and upon thinking about it for a few moments (with the girls curious face on his own) he turned around and came into his own instead. He placed her down on the floor as carefully as his murderous hands could manage. The floor wasn't as hard as he had remembered, nor was it as cold as he had once thought. He wasn't sure why he came to believe the irregularities but ignored them when the girl sat up and leant against the wall.

"What do you remember?" She asked, her eyes watering again, though the soldier wasn't sure why, she was unharmed.
"About what?" His voice was not dissimilar in temperature to the room, it was so unusual in comparison to the warmth of Bucky's tone that Evette had grown used to in their time spent together.
"Don't- don't worry." She stammered and bunched her knees up against her chest and rested her chin on her knee.
"Okay." He responded, his eyes unmoving from the woman. Her eyes looked up at his response, as if he had no choice but to comply. She stood.

"Why are you only doing what I say and not Pavlovíc? He's the one who said the words, he has the book." The Winter Soldier peered away at last and veered his eye line to the small window, he exhaled.

"I don't know."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

— —, — — 1974 - ?

— PAVLOVÍC COULD HARDLY CONTAIN HIS ANGER, he screamed out and kicked against the cabinet of his room as he surveyed all of the events that just passed. He had said every word correctly and yet somehow, the soldier did not obey, instead he listened to that vile woman. As beautiful as she was, she was also an absolute imbecile.

"Sir-..."
"WHAT?!" He screamed in response.
"It's the asset sir, he's taken to the woman to his own cell. It appears that he-... he's not obeying anyone else's orders in favour of hers."
"I know how it appears!"

"Sir, what do you want us to do?"

Pavlovíc took a sip of his whiskey and a puff of his cigarette before coming to a conclusion he had hoped to have been avoidable.

"Put them both under."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

— —, — — 1974 - ?

— THE WINTER SOLDIER HAD NOTICED THE APPROACHING GROUP OF GUARDS before they had even began to prepare their keys to open the door, that was more similar to a gate. The soldier hadn't taken a second before pulling Evette to stand and pushing her behind him, her fragile state may have been for no reason but he didn't want her to be hurt anymore. As the first guard came in, he slammed his fist into his chest and knocked him back so forcefully that he pushed the guard just behind him over in turn. Before the next guard could charge his way in, the Winter Soldier had intercepted him and slammed him against the wall. He held him by the throat before he felt a hand on his shoulder, he grabbed it before noticing its feminine form.

The woman took his hand in his and pulled him back from the wall, she took his face in her hands and stroked his stubble with her thumbs.
"You can't fight them all, just let them come." He was hesitant to do so, but gently allowed the remaining guards to file in and interrupt their tender moment. They took him first and with caution he followed along, never taking his eyes from the woman to ensure she was unharmed. He noticed the route being taken, it had always been so familiar, but the feeling inside of him wasn't familiar at all. He couldn't leave her behind without his protection and moved to turn back, but he soon realised she was not so far behind. He scrambled in the guards grip as he noticed her cuffed and being tugged along by her neck, somehow it surpassed him that she was more restrained than him.

How could she be more dangerous?

As he struggled a little more, never tugging his eyes away from her, she finally noticed his unsettled feeling. Because of it, she went to step closer to him, hoping that if they were closer that she could calm him down. She was tugged back and yelled out a large 'ow' which caused the Winter Soldier to immediately come to her aid. He grabbed the guard who held the chain by the neck and slammed him against the neighbouring wall, lifting him so his feet barely touched the ground. The girl repeated her movements from only moments earlier by grabbing his arm and pulling him away. Instead of responding the way he had earlier, he walked up to the other guard and motioned to the chain around her throat.

"Off." He growled, barely moving but causing the guard to quake and undo the lock from the bonds. They continued to walk but this time she was fairly close behind, he liked it better, but he didn't like where they were headed.

As they entered the room filled with yellow lighted containers, Evette stopped, unsure of what to think before coming to the automatic conclusion as she sees Pavlovíc come out from beneath the shadows.

"Don't worry Evette, we'll all see each other in a couple of years I'm sure."

"NO!" She screamed, her eyes widened as they tugged her toward the container. She attempted to fight back but the efforts were fruitless because of her hysteria.
"You won't be alone." He glanced at the soldier who simply stepped into the glass tube and waited for the door to close.
"Fuck you!" She screamed, managing to break free from their grasp before spitting into the face of her oppressor. He laughed and grabbed her by the neck and pushed her into the crying chamber himself.

"See you in a few years."