- times up -

—☁︎︎—

Evette

Evette

Friday 31st August 1974 - 7:54am.

— "WELL THAT IS TOUCHING."

A voice called out and it was so unearthly recognisable that my droopy eyes flashed open and I scrambled to hide behind Bucky. His voice made my teeth jitter, he had prescribed so many words of torment to me whilst in captivity that his very verbalisation had been the focus of every nightmare I had had since.
"Bucky?" I pleaded and he carefully looked around for any other entities, apart from the man taunting us.
"Now would be a really good time for you to fly sweetheart." He gently rose from his position on the ground, lowering me to my feet as I stumbled to lean back on the tree. My energy had completely failed because of my head injury but I swore that if any harm came to Bucky then I'd have to find a way of replicating what I had done outside my mothers shop.

"I heard about what you did Evette," he began to clap with a wide-eyed smile before pulling out a cigarette, his speech slightly muffled with the white stick being held between his lips. "impressive stuff. I don't even need you to admit it anymore, your anger did it all for me." He was completely unthreatened by Bucky making his way towards him and I only shook more from his predator-like eyes. He pulled his cigarettes from between his lips. "What was it you were angry about again?" His eyes flickered to Bucky and he stopped with the contact. Without a word of warning, Pavlovíc pulled up a gun and directed it at Bucky's face.

"I wonder if we can replicate it."

I stepped forward and held my hand out as an attempt to stop him, my powers deciding to not show despite my extreme emotion. Pavlovíc stood up on his toes and spotted the approaching cavalry behind us. "Maybe you need a push." The pull of the trigger before Bucky's body was too much for me to bear, but the sound of a gunshot never arrived. I had first thought I somehow numbed myself so much that the sound didn't reach my ears, but instead of a bullet, a small dart was released. Bucky fell to his knees and looked back toward me with regret ridden across his face.
"I'm sorry." He mouthed and I broke down to the floor with a sob, knowing almost exactly what our fate would be. I had almost believed that we had done it, that we had broken free, but it was never to be true.

We would've always been running.

"Now, sweetheart, I'm going to need you to get it together and show us some of that magic like you did the other day." The men surrounding us raised their guns, they were unsettled, some of them I had recognised from the incident before. I wanted to refuse to give him what he wanted but at the same time if I could muster enough strength to defeat them like earlier, then maybe we could get away. I knew it was a farce, Bucky was sedated and would be for who knows how long.

"Fine." He sighed, pouting his lips and shooting me with a dart straight into the chest.

"Take them." Was the last, distorted sentence I heard.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

— —, — — 1974 - ?

— BUCKY ROUSED AWAKE FIRST, his eyes darting around the extremely familiar room to him, that small cell he had grown to detest in all the nights he had stayed there as a go between being frozen and the missions. The window he had stared out for such a long amount of time, thinking about the green of a forest or the itch of the grass beneath his knees. He didn't want it anymore, he didn't care, he just wanted her.

Freedom seemed trivial alone then side by side with Evette.

Bucky could hear screaming and he pressed his ear against every surface, hoping that through the orifices in the room he would be able to distinguish Evette's voice amongst the dozen, he couldn't. He was also undecided as to whether that was a good or bad result. He took it as good. As for now, he had no idea how he had managed to stay sedated for long enough for them to take him back to Siberia. It must've been a couple days at least and it was more than likely they were feeding him a consistent dose of the sedative. There wasn't much doubt in his mind that it wasn't August anymore. The summer months were over and autumn was set to begin, his mother had always called it autumn, her Englishness perpetuating even amongst the eccentric American patriotism of his father. Autumn had always sounded so much more beautiful then Fall and because of his preference he had adapted that word into his language instead. These things he could remember, these details that he never would've known a month ago, were because of Evette.

That was exactly why he would find a way of getting her out of there.

Just across the way was Evette, she had woken up only a few hours later, Bucky's serum speeding up the process and causing more doses to be required to keep him under. She immediately drew her attention to the figure in her room, she scrambled back into the wall and he smiled at her fear.
"Hello Evette." He crouched down to her level and motioned for her to come closer as he places a glass of water directly in front of him. She was hesitant to move, but the dryness in her throat said to put aside her fear. She gently crawled forward and took the water, infesting of its contents because she really couldn't feel much worse.

Pavlovíc studied her like a phenomenon, she was more than special, she was the key to everything he and Hydra had worked for. The Winter Soldier would never again disobey with her in their possession of course but it was so much more than that. He had big plans.
"I understand what he saw in you." The past tense alarmed Evette to no end and she glanced up at him with pleading eyes. "Don't worry, your little soldier is just downstairs."
"Please can I see him?" She asked, as kindly as her voice would allow, the three rules coming immediately back into play.
"I don't know sweetheart, you ran away from me, didn't you?" Evette hardened her expression, unfeeling towards the mans somber tone toward her. She was furious with the way he had jeered her before but had been to weak-bodied to retaliate. Now she felt she could.

Evette stared down at the remaining water in her cup and jolted it up for the water to splash into Pavlovíc's face. She chuckled a little as the water fell from his face to the floor, she was afraid, but sometimes you just had to fake it until you make it.

Probably not the best idea.

Emil grabbed her by the throat and pushed her against the ground, crawling between her legs as she attempted to keep him away.
"Now that was silly, wasn't it?" He smiled and Evette could only claw at his hand.

"You're going to do as I ask or maybe I'll just... cut up your little Bucky's face in front of you," Evette struggled beneath him "or maybe I'll castrate him so you'll never get your night of passion," she attempted to punch him but as soon as he released her throat he instead pinned her wrists to the ground, her already scraped palms worsening with the pressure.

"Or maybe I'll just say the words."

Evette froze.

"You know what those are, don't you? Then you know that if I say them then 'bye bye Bucky Barnes'," he laughed as menacingly as usual "he won't remember you, he won't care about you, he'd kill you if I told him to." Her mind immediately darted to the memory of Bucky's nightmare, she had told him how it was not a premonition. God she hoped she had been right. "Are you going to do as I asked sweetheart?"

Evette broke down, her wall of courage breaking with the idea of him hurting Bucky.

"Y-.. yes, I'll-... I'll do it."