- time -

—☁︎︎—

— — August 1974 - ?

— — August 1974 - ?

— OXYGEN WAS HER DESIRE, despite the fact her head was well above water, she could only breathe as well as she could if she had been submerged.

She was shrouded in freezing cold water that had been her resting place for about 3 hours now and despite her ignorance to the time and date, she knew that because of the small alarm clock sitting in front of her about to go off. It rung and she was pulled out of the water before being shoved to the ground, collecting the fragments of dust and dirt on the floor all over her half naked body. She attempted to squeal but her throat was too dry to cry out so she dealt with a whimper, before being pulled up once again but a harsh hand.
"Back to her cell Soldat." The man spoke as a Bucky metal hands encircled her arm and he lifted her drained and cold body into his arms. He carried her through the halls, noticing the minimal amount of people around and almost allowing the tear, that had gathered in his eye, to fall but he quickly rolled his head back to contain it. Bucky searched the room surrounding the cell before bringing her inside and tucking her into the bed which he had vowed to never let her sleep in for more than two nights yet it had already been far longer than that and Evette was at breaking point.

Over the past few days she had been excruciatingly tortured by not just Emil but by Bucky himself, and there was no doubt in Bucky's mind that if there was ever a time to get out it would be today, for both their sakes.

It seemed luck could be on there side.

Bucky moved her soaked hair from her face and tucked it under the pillow so the freezing water that dripped from it wouldn't touch her skin and cause her to freeze more. He didn't want to touch her with his metal hand, fearing it would only give her a further chill so instead placed his flesh hand over her face and neck to try and warm her. How he wished he could use both hands to caress her face to allow a healthier colour back into her beautiful skin from his warmth. She shivered slightly and he wrapped the thin blanket supplied around her tighter like a bandaged mummy. Her eyes flashed open, so unlike how they use to flutter delicately, and her hand went up to defend herself before realising who it was. His hand went to lay on her wrist and she flinched ever so slightly before relaxing into his gentle touch that she wished she had only ever been on the receiving end of as harsh hands was all she was growing used to now. However, Bucky's own harshness towards anyone else was as brutal as ever but at times his anger and emotion almost got the better of him multiple times, and at one point, he was at risk of being wiped again.

"Evette," his hand carefully touched her face and she shut her eyes in dread before opening them once again and putting on a small smile that felt as genuine as a generous capitalist "you have to-..." he couldn't finish when the singular light bulb in the room blew and Evette screamed as well as practically jumping into his hold like a scared cat. Bucky held his arms around her like a shield before gently standing and taking a gun from his holster. Evette gripped his arms and begged with her eyes for him to not leave her but he was not about to waste this opportunity so he pulled her back into his arms and she stared at him confused as he kept the blanket wrapped around her.

"The powers out... this is our chance."

He knew the emergency backup power had about ten minutes to turn back on and those ten minutes might be the only opportunity for them so they took it. Bucky carried her along the corridors and past prying eyes (that didn't dare question his stone cold expression) and down to the garage where he knew no one would be lingering and would be the most discreet method of escaping from the compound.

Bucky found another blanket as he noticed Evette shivering even more and wrapped it around her before peering out the small side door of the fort. The courtyard looked as guarded as ever and whilst Bucky compiled a plan together as efficiently as possible, he laid the woman down against the wall, making certain she was out of view.
"Stay here." She was quick to argue with his sudden desertion.
"Where are you going?" He didn't answer and instead sped out the door without another word.

Evette heard almost nothing apart from a few gun shots and yells that had been silenced by those shots. She waited for what she guessed was a few minutes, but the measurements of time had completely escaped her because of the time incarcerated. Her attention drew to approaching footsteps that crunched the gravel beneath their shoes, the door swung open to her right and she gradually raised her eyes to Bucky's face, who looked pained and tired but determined. He lifted her into his arms and she wrapped her legs around his side so he could use his free arm for defence if needed.

"Don't look."

She felt Bucky step over something and tucked her head into his shoulder more, but couldn't resist to look behind them as he made his way to the car. A field of bodies smothering the floor in an indecent pattern (that had almost made her dry heave) was what the soldier had left in his wake and all on the chance they could be free. He hadn't thought twice about protecting her and she was still, in someways, confused at their own arrangement and mutual friendship that had birthed from Evette's kidnapping, but she wanted to get out of the hellhole before they confronted the ties that were holding them together. He placed the girl in the passenger seat and slammed the door, directing his attention to the door opening to reveal Pavlovíc and his guards closely behind, but by the time their guns were in range he had sped out of the driveway and through the disabled electric gate.

Pavlovíc screamed in anger and punched the guard behind him square in the face, who didn't dare retaliate towards the much smaller specimen that could do much worse then a punch if he returned the favour. He began to laugh at the hilarity of the circumstances and directed his attention to the remaining security as the lights finally came back on around the fort.

"Follow them, I want them back here in 6 hours at most."