- weeping sinner -

—☁︎︎—

Sunday 25th August 1974 - 1:38am

ALL SHE COULD HEAR WAS WEEPING, a gentle whimper of tears that soothed her ear drums as gently as the surface of petals. Her eyes fluttered open and her width of vision seemed smaller than usual, before her pupils adjusted to the light of dimly lit room, which was such a stark contrast to the darkness she was seeped in only moments before. Her line of sight moved to her right where the noises had stemmed from and where she had felt the solid grip of a metal hand.

"Bucky?" Her voice croaked out and the whimpering suddenly stopped as her watery eyed companion and protector gazed up at her as if she had just resurrected from the dead.
"Oh my God." He uttered beneath his breath before pouncing up from his knees onto the bed and pulling the weak-bodied woman into his arms.
"I thought you were dead." She managed to lift her heavy arms and drag them around onto his body to embrace him in return.
"Nobody can kill me off." She managed to mutter whilst she pressed her forehead against his, their eyes never leaving one another, her wood brown conversing with his stormy blue so easily that it was like they didn't have to talk anymore.

Evette didn't have to move her head much to press her lips against his, it was messy but perfect, a symbol of freedom between them that conveyed exactly how each one felt about the other. The simplicity of the action was enough to overwhelm them both and with a single touch of her arm, she endowed Bucky with a pause to catch his breath.
"You need to rest, I'll go find some food." He whispered against her cheek as they remained in a tight clasp of one another, her legs encircling his body to give him room to comfortably be so close to her.
"No, stay, I'm not hungry. We'll get food later." She pulled Bucky down to lay beside her, running her fingers through his hair, her body revitalised with the simple touch of his lips.
"I wish things were different." Bucky mewls and Evette automatically furrows her brows at his statement.
"I wish I wasn't who I am, I wish I was someone else so that I could make you happy and keep you safe."
"Bucky, I have never felt safer then when I am with you." He shook his head at her misunderstanding.
"All I've done is hurt you, I fear it's all I'll ever do to you." As if comforting a child, Evette breathes out in a frantic breath as she smiles at Bucky naivety.
"No, you're so wrong, you hurt me because you had to, if you didn't, it would've been someone who showed no mercy and the fact that you are remorseful about everything you have ever done - despite none of it being completely your fault - shows exactly what type of person you are." Bucky shakes his head as Evette pulls him into her arms, his mouth resting right by her collar bone where she feels his staggered breaths.

"Bucky, you are so much more than what you have done, to me, you-... you're everything to me." Bucky encircles her malnourished waist with his arms and pulling her as close as they can be.

"Sleep Bucky, I'm not going anywhere."

And Bucky slept as peacefully as the first time his mother held him in her arms when he was only a baby.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sunday 25th August 1974 - 9:09am.

Evette

— FOLLOWING THE GLARES OF THE SUN through the window, I noticed the morning skies, their clear blue colour that couldn't be replicated in any paint or pen. I glanced down, taking notice of the peaceful expression casted over Bucky's face, perhaps the first. I couldn't help but stroke his face to move the intruding hair from his eyelids to behind his ears. I had never seen his face so solemn and at ease, it was a spectacle to say the least and at most it was a glimpse into who he was before any of this. With the hope of not waking him, I tried to move my body and test it's health and it was like I had never been sick at all. I assumed that the aftermath of... whatever I did yesterday had rubbed me up the wrong way and caused some sort of body malfunction. Luckily, things seemed to be sorting themselves out.

I gradually moved out of the bed and left a pillow in my place for Bucky to lean on whilst he slept for a while longer, God knows he could use the rest after running around after me all this time. I took my time to search through my bag for a change of clothes, finally a clean pair of underwear and immediately deciding against my only wired bra because of the discomfort and going with a bralette. I moved to the bathroom to shower and change, as well as taking some time to study my changed face and body that I had left so unattended to in all the time I was left to rot. God I was a mess, even with Bucky, I found myself finding it difficult to pick myself up out of this rut and get on with staying alive. Speaking of whom, I had now assumed was awake because of the shuffling noise beyond the partition. I heard the shower door open and I peaked out from the side to see Bucky staring at me.

"Want to come in?" I offered, not at all intending on the shower encounter being one of a sexual nature, but instead one that would hopefully build trust. He nodded and began to remove his clothes whilst I waited for him to be ready. The curtain slowly moved to the side and in he stepped, his metal arm pressing against the wall to accommodate his body. The shower had little room for the both of us to not be considered close, and that we were. I gazed up at him, into his eyes that were mellow and sunken, despite his long rest. "Are you alright?" I asked, immediately concerned with his expression before I drew my attention to elsewhere. His chest was littered with faint cuts and bruises with scars that hadn't completely faded and holes that never fully healed. I lifted my hand, tempted to touch one specific curvature of his chest that lie below his left collarbone. I drew back, concerned I was overstepping before he simply took my withdrawing hand in his and pulled it forward to touch the mark.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered beneath the sound of the shower, as the water drenched over his lengthy locks of hair. Glancing up, I laughed at his crass comment and reached up to pull him down by the neck.
"So are you." I assured and he seemed distraught by my comment.
"Your scars are beautiful Bucky, even if they make me miserable that you were ever hurt in the first place." He leans forward and places his forehead on mine, the water running a stretch down his face and just missing my eyes as it slithers over his nose.
"I could kill those bastards-.." he interrupted my rant.
"Speak to me in another language. Something I don't understand." I laughed before switching to Russian, which I knew he understood.
"What language do you not understand then?"

"I fought in Italy in the war..." he smiled ever so slightly upon the reminiscence " I always thought that Italian was a beautiful language." I smiled, agreeing on that thought opinion. "Speak it for me."
"Vorrei poter esprimere a parole quanto sei importante per me."  I spoke, directly into his face. His eyes closed from hearing me utter those words, and despite their purity, he made them seem erotic as he lifted his hand to rest on my cheek.
"What did you say?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "Seriously what did you say." He laughs and I grab the shower head and point it into his eyes. As revenge, he grabs me by the forearm and presses me against the wall whilst we laugh in content with each other company.

"The waters gone cold." I said as I rested myself into his arms before moving back the shower curtain to grab us each a towel. "Will your arm get rusty?" It seemed like a stupid question but also a serious one, and by the abrupt chuckle that erupted from his chest, I got my answer.
"No, the metal is reinforced with certain fibres to ensure nothing like that can happen." We stare at each other, the time we have together in the moment extending in length with a simple gaze. "Can we stay like this forever?" He asks, peering down at me from his obnoxious height.
"Like what?"

"Free."