- gladiator -

—☁︎︎—

Evette

Evette

Thursday 18th December 1991  - 3:12pm.

— IT HAD BEEN JUST OVER A WEEK WITH BUCKY GONE, and my wits had already been drawn out enough as to what may have gone wrong; or worse, what might have gone right.

With all these pestering thoughts circulating my brain I had failed to notice how different things were in the cell. I must've been doing my sleep-floating because around the room things were on it's side like small trinkets and pillows. I held my hand out towards a small sculpture of a horse I had carved out from a piece of wood, in hope that my powers would show themselves with me watching. Nothing happened. I grumbled and slapped my hand down onto my thigh before lifting my hand suddenly and causing a wave of white light to burst from my motion and toward the gated bars.

"Oh shit." I muttered whilst staring at my hand and seeing all the items in front of me being blown away by the force of the light. The noise seemed to cause some attention and Dmitri came to the door in an instant, staring at me as the white light finally dissipated into the surroundings.
"What did you just do?!" He yelled and I didn't know how to answer. He opened the gate and tugged me up from the floor, dragging me away from the room I hardly ever saw the outside of.

I was dragged by Dmitri down a long winding corridor and I hadn't spoken a word, I didn't want to make anything worse. I heard noises of a scuffle close by that was then followed by a loud bash, and as I was pulled further into the Siberian base, we finally reached what appeared to be the desired destination.

Dmitri opened the door with a numerical code on some sort of keypad and the door slid open to reveal a wide rectangular room that held a large cage that contained most of the room itself. A room within a room if you wish. Inside of this room were numerous people I was unfamiliar with, but my attention was drawn to Bucky who was sparring with an equally athletically advanced man. To their diagonal were 4 other candidates dressed in a similar blue spandex-like get up.

5 saline bags, 5 suitors.

When I heard a crash that involved Bucky's body colliding with the plastic window directly behind him, I was suddenly aware of what exactly was going on here. These were new super soldiers and in those saline bags was serum, most probably a replica of Steve's or Bucky's. Now Hydra's most elite death squad had super powers and even Bucky couldn't manage them. The Winter Soldier restored his stance to a standing position and didn't move from his default pose of stillness.
"Colonel!" Dmitri yelled and the man himself strolled over to us. The deputy leaned into his bosses ear and whispered something unintelligible to my ears.

"Put her in." He spoke in English and all the faces of the new super soldiers turned their heads to look at me. Bucky however, didn't.
"What?! No no no, you don't understand-." He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me toward the cage, my feet digging into the ground as my fist collided with his arm. "I can't control it!" I screamed over and over as I was thrown to the floor and the door was locked behind me.