- mouthy -

—☁︎︎—

Evette

Evette

— —, — —, 1982  - ?

— I COULDV'E SWORN THAT THERE WAS MORE to what was to come then us laying a freezing cold cell and embracing one another, despite the fact I was ultimately a stranger to him now.

He had kept his eyes open the entire time, hardly moving from the position we were in so not to discomfort me, but I could tell that it wasn't comfortable for him. For that reason, I attempted to move but he wouldn't let me.
"You're gonna cramp up if I don't move, it's been hours." He didn't say anything in return before I tried to move again and he grabbed me again. "Would you quit it? Jeez."
"You're cold and I have no clothes to lend you." I pursed my lips with a dead expression before standing to my feet and bashing on the gates of the cell, yelling out for attention.
"Hey?!" I yelled once more and finally a guard arrived, wielding a large rifle. I took a step back as a response before Bucky put himself between the gate and me. I peered around him and gave a tight lipped smile to the awaiting guard.

"You wouldn't happen to have a blanket around, would you?" I asked and the guard flickered his eyes to Bucky before nodding toward me and walking off in a march.
"Why are you in here?" He asked, his voice shook lightly and his face was slightly afraid with my response, as if asking a question was a crime.
"Because they kidnapped us, we're prisoners together bud." He gave a slight nod, hesitant to ask for elaboration. "You can ask anything you want, you don't need my permission and I'm not gonna hurt you if you talk to me. I'd welcome it actually." Whilst my heart broke to have to speak to him in such a way that it felt like I was talking down to him, I knew there wasn't really any other way for him to ever get his memory back. That was, of course, the aim for my abrupt chattiness, and perhaps this was the way to try and jog his memory. He obviously had this instinct toward me, the protectiveness and silent concern was all very Bucky-esque.

Or the Bucky as I knew him anyway.

I jumped in fright from the clang at the gate, the guard had returned, his gun on his arm as per usual.
"Here." He said, as emotional as a celery, before throwing me a light blue blanket. He walked off and I unfolded the covering to wrap around myself, in an attempt to cover some of the skin of my arms. I had had goosebumps for so long that I thought my arm hairs were going to fly out from my pores and float away like dandelion seeds. I fell back onto the mattress and glanced down at my stomach as it growled from hunger. "Are you hungry?" I asked and he didn't answer, as I was about to tap on the gate again, he stopped me.
"They will bring food soon." I stared at him in curiosity, this was obviously such a familiar regiment to him that everything was timed in his head.
"But are you hungry? I know you and food isn't the best milkshake but you must be, it's been fucking 8 years since we last ate."
"How do you know that about me?" He replied.
"Hmm? Oh! Well let's just say that one time you and an egg had a battle. The egg won." His expression was laced with confusion and I told him not to worry about it anymore.

We sat upon the mattress for awhile after, I could tell that now I had the blanket he was a little more relaxed (and standing up to stretch probably helped too) but there was an unsettled feeling between us, an awkward tension. I found the most likely answer to what the cause of the tension was that: I knew much more about him, then what he knew about me. I don't think he was used to it.
Before I could utter another word, a new presence was identified, though 'new' wasn't exactly the correct word.

"Hello Evette, you're looking-..." before he could finish his sentence I had stormed toward him and managed to punch him through the bars.
"8. Fucking. Years." I gritted through my teeth, unrelenting in my brutality as I reached to punch him again but was stopped by Bucky, who's face only showed alarm with the sight of the blood dripping from Pavlovíc's nose.

"And you're just," he took a breath "as lovely as ever." He stated as he held his nose, fumbling around in his pocket to find a tissue. "I see you still have your attack dog following orders." He motioned to Bucky which was where my fury overcame my common sense.
"He's more human than you'll ever be you slimy bitch!" I screamed and Bucky grabbed my face with that same agitated look as before, I obviously hadn't been my usual loud-mouthed self the last time we saw each other, but now I was just furious. "God it's such a shame that your daddy Satan doesn't want you back." He chuckled at my mutter toward him before being handed a file from the guard just yonder.

"Speaking of fathers, you have a new one," my eyes widened as he opened the folder and showed me a picture of my mother and Owen "she married the detective Evette. Seems like even when you're half way across the world you have an effect on her, after all, if we hadn't of kidnapped you, they wouldn't have met!" He exclaimed with a smile as if it was a good thing, like his cruel misdemeanours toward me had birthed something amazing and that I was to be grateful.
"Go back to hell you piece of shit." I spat in his face his time, hoping to God that I had caught some contagious disease that would kill him by the action. His face fell cold and he reached up to wipe the salvia away before he pulled his lips back into a smile.
"I thought you'd be happy to know that Evette... but now we're gonna have to have a little talk in private." I flickered my eyes to Bucky and his face grimaced from the insinuation.
"It's fine." I gripped his hand before nodding him a goodbye and he returned it, though his hardened expression taught me that if I didn't return soon then maybe Hell would come to Pavlovíc.

I felt I had been walking miles when really it had been minutes, Pavlovíc had noticed my dreariness from the walk but hadn't made any move to help. Not that I expected gallantry from a sadistic psychopath of course.

We arrived at a small box-shaped room with a singular metal table and two chairs opposite each other. He motioned for me to sit and I did, not exactly scared of what would happened to me if I didn't, but my legs could hardly hold my weight any longer. I fell onto the metal seat, the coldness of it becoming more and more familiar because of the atmosphere itself.
"It's a shame you had to go and fall in love with him." I glared straight ahead into his eyes, unafraid to make my feelings toward him known.
"How do you know we're in love? You wouldn't know love until it ripped your dick off." He smirked, tipping the scale of his lips to one corner.

"God... I missed that mouth."