Chapter 4

After the awfully awkward situation, I sat quietly hoping that our unexpected moment was erased from existence. And it would intensify the situation if Tiago had seen it unravel. How would Eldon feel if he heard all about it? Not about the fall but the minutes we spent staring at each other in a daze.

I felt a nudge on my arm and turned to see my seatmate offering me a card to take. I knitted my brows but collected it nonetheless analyzing it in the process.

It showed a name Riker Elliot as the owner of Riker Elliot's Corporate Steels and Metals.

I had no clue as to why he thought I would require his services but in good deed I pocketed the card.

'You own a company?' I said but his reply was interjected by the flight attended informing us of a rough landing and precautions to take. Remembering that I had unfastened my seatbelt when I took the recess trip, I frantically searched for my lifeline.

In that moment I regretted not paying attention to the announced instructions as I grazed the ceiling, seats and even floor in desperation. It was purely embarrassing but I wouldn't sacrifice my life for a moment of dignity and elegance.

Tiago from the seat behind worriedly asked, 'Daisy what's wrong?' I informed him of the situation to which he prompted Riker to help me after a failed attempt at doing it himself.

'Cat got your tongue?' Riker teased as he reached across me to grab the belt.

I inhaled deeply from both my fear of proximity and his holy scent. When he clipped it in, the least I could do was thank him and so I did together with a wide genuine smile. Unfortunately, the smile wasn't reciprocated which got me wondering why he had been gloomy all throughout the flight. He kept a straight face as void of emotion as the air was of calmness.

'Do you originate from a world where smiling isn't a thing?' I said.

'At least we don't display veges on our teeth,' he replied snarkily.

I narrowed my eyes, turned and grinned to the window where I saw no culprit peeking from my pearly teeth. He had obviously said that to divert my attention. I glared at him making sure to bore through his skull all the way to his soul.

'Not all of us have flowery lives you know.'

It took only those words for me to be oddly invested. I rested my chin on my knuckles and looked expectantly at him as if waiting for a story time.

He sighed. 'I dropped out of high school to take over RECSaM after my old man passed. I never got to experience the joys of teenage hood; I was forced to grow up faster than the rest. With all the pressure and responsibility on my shoulders, I had to sink into my role and play the part.'

With each word he uttered, my perspective of him changed. I adored him even more for the new layer that he had just unveiled. A true man's strength is what I had just seen and heard, his weakness.

Furthermore, he had just thrown in the detail that he's dad was no more and I had no idea how to comfort him.

No combination of words seemed right so I stretched out my arms and wrapped them around his unsuspecting figure. It took a few seconds before he hugged me back, fate jerking us apart as the turbulence commenced.

The unsteadiness had me jumping on and off my seat, swaying and hitting my head against the window. When I thought the wind had calmed, it would only turn out to be the calm before the storm. At one point I was sent flying towards Riker who readily caught me faster than the plane thrusted me off my seat. When I noticed the airport runway approaching, I hoped for the best.

One unexpected jerk sent me flying towards Riker as well as breaking the seatbelt that restrained me. Riker was ready to catch me and proceeded to hold on to me as the wrath of the turbulence continued.

I felt the plane land with sudden swerves to the left and right.

All around me men and women tore through the plane with excruciating screams as mine got muffled in Riker's chest. In that moment I felt a level of safety and protection I'd never felt because of a lack of a male representative in my life, a father.

After a series of unsteadiness, the air craft came to a halt and news spread that there were little to no injuries. It seemed that many seatbelts had come unhinged causing minor injuries to most.

The flight attendants showed themselves to the passengers, solemnly apologizing and giving us follow through procedures. We had been instructed to leave the plane when I stood up to retrieve my luggage concealed in the ceiling compartment.

Before I could take it down I felt a hand on top of mine. I quickly spun to the sight of Eldon behind me who took it upon himself to carry my bags.

Too elated to see him I left the plane with no word of gratitude to the man who had supposedly saved my life.

Eldon,Tiago and I cleared ourselves and travelled to the Shunn city town centre to book ourselves a hotel room. The nearest hotel only had a honeymoon suite that we happily took since it was way cheaper than three separate rooms combined.

Pushing the door open, I was greeted by a room well adorned by dim red lights, rose petals and heart styled pillows. The room was divine but what caught my fancy was the pool covered by colored petals and lit candles painting the edges. It was without a doubt the most enticing thing I had ever seen with Riker coming in as a close second.

I gasped then looked at Eldon as if he had heard my thoughts. He was smiling at the pool with an elated Tiago jumping around him. I cursed myself for having thought that way of another man whilst I had my incredible boyfriend.

While my mind wandered off to my latest dilemma, Riker, I had no idea that Eldon had a ring in possession and a bigger picture in mind.