Chapter 18

The secret laid heavy on my chest as I shopped for multitudes with Tiago. Since our house had been burned down, Riker offered Tiago and I to stay in his house while Riley and dad stayed at a hotel.

I had woken up in the morning to the sound of an overly distressed Riker. He asked Tiago and I to shop for essentials that were enough for a hundred and eighty people. I didn't even have time to question his sanity before he left us at Amka mall with a huge black caravan.

I tried to push three trolleys filled with food as Tiago pushed one filled with clothes. Don't even ask why I was the one with three.

'Will you hurry.' Tiago complained as I lagged behind.

'Won't you help me?' I inquired trying to push two with my hands and one with my leg.

'Nope.' He said popping the p in a childish manner.

I sighed realizing how much of a toll order shopping with Tiago was. The till lady looked at me weirdly as I cashed out all four trolleys at one go. I bet it looked like we were feeding a whole nation. Little did she know that it wasn't even enough.

After hours of shopping, we had filled the caravan to its maximum potential. We met Riker at an outland RECSaM base where we loaded an aircraft with the supplies and flew to the "lunchbox".

'What's the lunchbox?' I asked Riker.

'I just want to know if it has nice food.' Tiago chirped. 

Riker chuckled and replied. 'It's a safe house. That's where all the RECSaM employees in danger will be protected.'

Both Tiago and I nodded fascinated by the code name.

'Have you eaten yet?' Riker asked from beside me.

'I'm not hungry.' I replied tying not to worry him to which my stomach betrayed me by loudly growling. Between worrying and shopping, I hadn't found time to eat.

'I thought as much.' Riker said handing Tiago and I bags of food. I opened mine to see a variety of takeout foods that were too much for one person's stomach.

'What's all this for?' I asked Riker.

'I didn't know what you wanted so I picked the whole menu.

'Money gang.' Tiago scoffed.

On the other hand, I smiled at Riker thinking of how sweet of a guy he was. I managed to finish half the bag of food in a few minutes and proceeded to fill myself up with the rest.

'Are you an elephant? How can you eat that much?' Tiago shuddered.

'Don't talk with food in your mouth.' I said with food in my mouth.

'Hypocrite.'

'Loser.'

'Fat cow.'

'Brainless mouse.'

'Can you not!' The pilot screamed from his seat.

'Can you not...can you not' Tiago and I mocked him with small baby voices.

Riker laughed at the ordeal and proceeded to shake his head with a prominent smile on his face.

'Where does all this food go?' he inquired sounding fascinated then he lightly placed his hand on my stomach erupting the butterflies in it.

'My cue to leave.' Tiago said as he picked up his food. He was almost out of the main room when he paused, thought and walked back to his seat infront of us.

'On second thought...' he said before he dramatically fell to his seat almost remembering that he had to play the role of the overprotective brother, Tiago glared at Riker. The two boys were having a staring competiton when we arrived at our destination.