Chapter 21

Riker was still unconscious and it felt like déjà vu. 'The surgery was successful but we put him in a medically induced coma to improve the rate of healing.' Doc informed Jacob, Tiago and I.

I sat beside Riker holding his hand but everything about it felt wrong. Was it a curse that all the guys I fell for would somehow end up comatose.

'If you can hear me, please get well and come back to us.' I said missing his bland attitude. I didn't even know that I was capable of missing it.

*A month later*

'We've reconstructed the living quarters and I put a touch of my hand too.' I informed Riker. 'I can see that.' He said smiling at the unique design adorning all the rooms. Next I showed him the remade and nicely furnished main room, controls room, electrical and kitchen.

'You've done a great job.' He commented and I accepted for his complements were very rare. I rolled him out of the aircraft into the hangar. 'I told you I can wheel myself.' Riker told me and I knew very well that he didn't like it when I helped to push his wheelchair. Wheeling himself probably made him feel like he was still capable of doing something but I also wanted to rid off my guilt.

'So we've done the aircraft overhaul, inspection, replacement, defect rectification and repair. We've also performed 4 air tests and today we'll be doing the last air test before the Truck is ready to fly.' I reported to Riker as the head of engineering the Truck.

'Roger that. The comps-tech department has also made astounding progress. The cloaking system is back up, we've reconnected with the Lunchbox and we've updated the system.' He told me.

'Talking business with your husband definitely hits different.' I thought to myself; definitely to myself.

'Oh I didn't know we were married already.' Riker replied.

My cheeks turned a deep crimson when I realized that I had thought out loud. In turn, Riker was smirking mischievously and he'd probably corner me and tease me if he wasn't in a wheelchair.

'Argh.' He groaned. I hurriedly checked the time on my wrist. It was time for Riker's treatment and I knew that he'd remain in pain if he didn't get it. I wheeled him to the medbay where Doctor Garcia was already waiting for him. Riker stood from the wheelchair and staggered to sit on the bed. I knew better not to help him walk as he totally despised it.

He lifted his shirt over his head revealing his toned body. Even with a huge ugly scar on his back he was the most attractive man I'd ever seen. I smiled at him as the doctor cleaned his healed wound. 'This will be the last time I dress your wound before you have to remove the bandage.' Garcia told Riker but I replied.

'Okay so what material t-shirts is he supposed to wear you know to reduce friction on the wound?' I asked. 'Silk or satin would do.' He told me chuckling.

Riker remained silent as I asked the medic all about his health. 'And tell me why you guys aren't dating yet.' He asked genuinely confused. 'We skipped right to marriage.' Riker replied laughing at me as I blushed intensely.

Riker was given one injection and pain medicine to take. 'Today is his day for physiotherapy right?' It's like I had memorized Riker's routines and timetables. 'Yeah but today is going to be different. I want you to do it.' I looked at the doctor as if he had lost his mind. 'You've seen me do it countless times, I'm sure you can do it.' He assured me.

I walked to where Riker lay and repeated the routine I had seen a number of times. Lifting his leg, I folded it and straightened it. I didn't know that touching the man I liked in a non sexual way was supposed to be that pleasing. Laying him on his side, I stretched his hand behind his back.