Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32 
"I will give you a man's love...So much of it that you don't need to look for it in a boyfriend. I will love you so please don't dedicate your life to finding the right person. I will hug you, kiss you, spoil you and be there for you. Live, learn, enjoy life and love will knock at your door when you least expect it." 

I couldn't help but repeatedly think of what dad had told me before I disappeared from the beach outing. I totally agreed with him. I had been living only for finding the right guy. Was it Eldon or Riker? Was all I asked myself over and over. 

I had more to live for than just love and finding the one. Playing detective was one of my recent hobbies. I so desperately wanted to know what kind of mafia Riker was. 

With Jacob's navigator, I arrived at a port. I had never sailed or been one with water but that day I had to bite the bullet. Unhinging a small cruise boat, I drove it threw the ocean to a nearby large metal structure. 

I parked the boat and entered the shabby building that bravely stood in the ocean's midst. A disgusting metallic odor accompanied by a whiff of oil greeted my nostrils. An abandoned oil rig really? It was indeed a brilliant plan on the Santos. They could easily kill our men and leave no trace of evidence. I couldn't believe Riker agreed to that. 

Bodyguards and CCTVs sealed the entire first floor leaving me wondering how if get to the top one where the meeting was most probably at. After multiple failed efforts, I came to the realisation that even with all the unreal drama around me I was still a normal person. Did I think I could just show up and be all James Bond on the guards. I was an average teenage girl and that sucked. 

With a slight sting in my side, I waited for the drama to come downstairs. And it did. It eventually came as Riker's gang entered the building running past me. The two gangs met and all hell broke loose. I hastily maneouvred the chaos and ran to find Riker. From limping to running, I knew I'd be unwell after that. 

When I saw Riker he had a gun pointed at his head. Without thinking it over, I ran and pushed him away from the bullets target. We both fell on the ground and the bullet hit air. 

'Hell no, what are you doing here?' Riker scolded. 

'Shouldn't you be thanking me.' I smiled cheekily. 

Riker with no time to entertain my craziness pulled out his own revolver and aimed at the guy who'd attempted to shoot him. I could see no mercy in his dark eyes as he aimed at the man's leg and shot. He aimed at his forearm and shot. Each gunshot made me shriek. 'You're hurting him Riker.' I pleaded for the poor man

'He tried to shoot you. I can't let him go easily.' Riker's deep voice that once soothed me now frightened me. 'Noooo.' I merely gasped. Riker aimed for the man's forehead and I couldn't believe he would do it. 'Don't kill him.' I pulled on his arm. He shrug me off making me fall and tumble on the dusty floor. 

'Boss our men are down, we have to go.' One of Riker's guys said to him. Boss? So he was actually the leader? In the books, mafia bosses were sexy and vigilante. But in my case I wasn't attracted, I was frightened. I wasn't thankful, I was disgusted. How could the man I cherished oh so dearly be so ruthless.

Riker once again aimed at the guy's forehead. In the distance I could see Tiago and Doc Garcia in disbelief. I winced when Riker pulled the trigger. The guy fell to the ground.

My eyes widened and my hands vibrated. Tears relentlessly rolled down my cheeks as my heart threatened to beat out of my chest. I couldn't believe my eyes. The man I kissed, the man my heart was inclined to was indeed capable of being a killer. My stomach churned and I vommitted my guts out. 

'Ahhhh...' The guy once shot was screaming. I hurried to check if he was alive. I couldn't get my shaky hands to feel the pulse on his neck. 

Analyzing, I was surprised to see his ear had been shot off and he was indeed alive. At least Riker wasn't a murderer. I tried to convince myself. 

'You were not supposed to see that.' Riker said single handedly lifting me into his arm while the other held his gun. 'Why at you here when you can barely walk?' He scolded though he wasn't in any position to. 

'Yeah Daisy. We all agreed you weren't coming.' Tiago said. 

'Are you siding with this him right now. He freaking shot that guy three freaking times.' I sounded pathetic bad mouthing the person carrying me. 

'Well the world is not all unicorns and rainbows you know. Desperate times call for desperate measures.' I was taken aback seeing a side of Tiago so foreign to me. I didn't know he could be this brazen. 

My lips were sealed as the guys and Riker's gang maneouvred the enemies. The rig was up in flames as the Santos fought the unexpected Secret service that had invited themselves to our parade. In a slight moment of peace, Riker sat me down and looked me in the eyes. I couldn't meet his monstrous ones. 

'Tell me you got the medicine.' I asked refusing to meet his gaze. 

'I don't break promises.' He said holding up the capsule. 

'But you can break trust.' I frowned. He sighed laying a hand on my shoulder. I flinched. 

'I'm sorry. I can't justify myself and I won't try. You saw it with your own two eyes. The monster I am...' 

'Yeah...And I never want to see you again. May this be the last time we ever meet. I don't want anything to do with a cruel mafia boss.' I spat. I knew what I'd see upon following the gang but it didn't make it any less painful. 

'I love you Daisy. Please...don't say that. I can change...for you I'll do anything.' Riker pleaded. 

'You'll do anything?' I sternly asked. He nodded. 

'Then stay the hell away from me.' I hissed and hobbled out. With one last disappointed look at doc and Tiago, I completely left the rig. I pat myself on the back. Good job flower, everything is going as planned. How else could I dissapear unnoticed and with no clue as to why?

From the port I could see the rig exploding and falling apart. There was a cloud of smoke blanketing above it. A violent flame shot through the metal and cement. My heart felt heavy as I could only hope that the three guys would make it out unharmed. I found myself caring about a certain someone who'd just shown me his evil ways. 

I could've sailed the cruise back to rescue the guys but I chose one life over three. In a battle where the odds beat a comatose man, the lonely unconscious one still won. There was no balance, no equity, no fairness, just love and a sprinkle of guilt. 

They say "When you make a choice, you also choose the consequences." I had already come to terms with the possible by-products of the decision I was about to make. 

I was afraid of dying but the mere thought of living in a world without Eldon made my blood run cold.

'Until death do us apart'. I scoffed. Let's see who does it first?

....
'Doctor Simmons.' I addressed. 

'Daisy, it's been a while.' He smiled sympathetically. I filled out all the necessary papers and...and I wrote a will. 

'Are you ready for me?' I asked not wanting to waste another second. 

'Yes, right this way.' He directed