Chapter 10

I rubbed my sweaty palms together as I walked into the lounge. The first thing I saw was Eldon sitting on a couch with his feet propped onto the coffee table. At his feet was Tiago sitting on the floor watching the soccer game with him.

'Oh hi flower.' Tiago greeted but Eldon remained silent. 'I'm good. What's playing today?' I directed my question to Eldon who remained silence despite clearly hearing me. I huffed in frustration before running to my ensuite to take a brisk shower and changing into comfortable clothes.

Running back downstairs I caught a glimpse of Eldon and Tiago play fighting. Tiago shoved his foot into an annoyed Eldon's face as the soccer game entered its half time. When Eldon got fed up, he picked up Tiago over his shoulder and threw him on the white bean bag slightly missing the floor. Regaining his footing Tiago charged towards his brother like a raging bull.

I always enjoyed watching the two's brotherly bond. Tiago has been through a lot and these moments reminded me how his coping mechanism was to enjoy the good things in life. He enjoys life and wastes no time worrying about what could have been.  The only person who really understood him was Eldon and watching the two do their thing brought a smile to my face.

I walked out making my way to the couch when Tiago tackled me causing me to lose my balance. I stumbled hitting my back against Eldon's chest who failed to remain fixated and we both fell.

'You can thank me later.' Tiago said before winking and running upstairs.

Eldon stood up pulling me with him and we made our way to the couch. A thick blanket of silence fell over us as I fumbled with my fingers.

'Nothing happened.'

'I know.'

I snapped my head in his direction. Those were the first words he had said since I walked through the door. 

'What?' I asked. How did he know that nothing happened? Was he stalking me? Before my mind devised multiple other theories, Eldon spoke.

'I know you'd never cheat on me. I trust you on that.'

I looked at him awed; it meant a lot to me that even after the rejection and multiple arguments he still trusted me. Even if I was in any way attracted to another man, I wouldn't act on it and that fact was stuck by me for eternity. But mostly the fact that Eldon acknowledged it had me jumping on him for a hug.

'But don't be too excited. I still don't like you hanging around that RECSaM boy.'

I simply smiled at him not wanting to tell him that that RECSaM boy was now my friend.

Eldon wrapped his hand around me and we watched the second half of the soccer game together. As a rugby player; well summer school rugby player, I had limited knowledge on the game of eleven players.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed how Eldon screamed on top of his voice whenever a player made a costly move. When the game was at its climax, I propped myself onto his lap and pecked the side of his mouth. I knew exactly how to get on Eldon's last nerve. He debated between giving me full attention and watching the game when he finally caved.

Not for me obviously.

He stood up ready to throw me on the bean bag when I wrapped my legs around his waist and hands around his neck.

'Daaaaaaisyyyyy.' He whined.

'Promise you'll cook today then I'll leave you.' I bargained.

He hurriedly shook his head and I unhooked myself falling on the soft material. I thought he'd hurry back to the tv but he stood over me with a thoughtful look.