Chapter 41

It was a huge mansion and not a tiny house in the woods like I expected. Or that is what I envisioned in my mind. I looked around gaping at how huge and delicate the gang house was.

It was a multiple story building with glass more that brick holding it's structure. It reminded me of the lunchbox.  I wonder how the RECSaM employees hiding out there felt knowing that Lionel was finally gone.

We got in and one of the members showed us around. Riker had left saying he needed to sign some papers regarding his mother's death. So Megan stood by my side and helped me walk into and out of the elevators. 'So Megan and Tiago you go in this one and Daisy will be with Riker in this one.' The guy showed us our rooms as organized.

I gasped. How could Riker make such an arrangement. Tiago winked at Megan and proceeded to jump on the bed in their room. He laid his slender figure across the bed in a seductive way. I gagged.

'I'mma have a sleepover with you guys.' I said taking a step into their room and attempting to kick Tiago off the bed. 'Yeah girls night.' Megan hollered and hopped onto the bed next to me. 'Eiww.' Tiago attempted a girly purr and settled between us.

We all laid back down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling.

'I wish I understood the things you went through. I'm so sorry you had to do it all alone.' I said out of the blue. A blanket of silence fell over us. I heard Tiago sigh.

'I was a smart kid. I saved Eldon and I. That's why I had to be hidden further away...in a less obvious place. Was I too self centred to realize that Johnny wouldn't intentionally ruin my life. He's a good dad.' Tiago rambled.

I was happy to hear him say that. It was as if he was trying to prove to himself that Johnny wasn't the bad guy but a loving dad whose life got twisted. That was trauma healing right there.

Megan turned to her side and cuddled Tiago. With a peck and a smooch, they began making out. 'Ew.' I gagged attempting to leave the bed. They had no choice but to move back and help me up. I told Megan that I needed to walk around, strengthen my knees and try to get my balance.

We walked out of the room just to gush over how elegantly beautiful Riker's mansion was. I adored the artwork on the walls though I was never one for art. Or for decor, or for anything really. Did I have any interests?  I came to the realisation that I had nothing sparked my ginger.

In school I'd been doing the subjects that everyone was doing. I then left to run the restaurant with the boys. That was Johnny's dream. Right then I was doing nothing but helping the TSS case and hoping for a quick recovery. 

I'd spent all my life trying to find my person and choosing between Riker and Eldon. I wasted my life. And now their telling me I might not survive. I didn't regret donating my kidney but I felt kinda empty without it. Maybe because it was the only hope of survival I had. Or I didn't have.

I wished I'd travelled. I wished I'd seen the world.  I wished I tried all kinds of foods and all sorts of activities. Rather than sit in a class all day, I wished I'd created a company and left a legacy. A mark that I lived. Instead of searching for a soulmate, I wished I'd searched for myself.

'Daisy what's wrong?' Tiago snapped me out of it. Could he see that reality was crashing down on me like a house of bricks?

I asked him why he thought something was wrong. And Megan deadpanned like it was obvious.

'You're crying.' Tiago stated and Megan wiped my tears. I was short of words. I didn't even realise I'd been crying until they mentioned it.  Well how couldn't I. I hadn't lived but I was already supposed to die.