Chapter 36

Megan fell to her knees her eyes red and puffy. Her head fell on my lap as she sobbed uncontrollably. My chest felt heavy, I couldn't breathe. The way my dear friend cried her heart out, it made it seem like she was already mourning me.

I reached out to rub her princess pretty hair only to see my hand shaking. Doc said I couldn't afford to have another panic attack. But how could I not, seeing Megan's state. I bit down on my lip instantly tasting the metallic, battery like taste of blood. I covered my face with my shaky hands as a new stream of tears formed in my eyes.

Riker placed his hand over mine comfortingly. It was my only calm in that storm.

'Megan stop. Daisy's having a panic attack.' Her dad told her. Deaf to all warnings, Megan dropped from my lap face first onto the ground. I didn't know she loved me that much.

Her hair covered the floor infront of her. She screamed, groaned and wimpered helplessly. I cried with her. 'What's the matter with you two?' They were all confused. I grabbed my side as the sting became more like a chainsaw ripping my flesh.

'Ahhh.' Instead of pins and needles, it felt like screws and bolts. The unbearable pain spread to my back, my stomach, my leg...everywhere. The pain burned my insides and iced them out simultaneously. I began banging my head on the table to feel pain elsewhere. Riker's hand rushed to create a barrier between the table and my bruised forehead.

'Shit shit shit .' Riker cursed. The med team was called and I knew they were going to treat me. It didn't make the pain any less tantalizing.

I tuned out the commotion around me and tried to rid of the pain in my abdomen and back. To no avail. The bandage was unwrapped and I saw SG Garcia emptying the six herb capsule into a syringe. With a freaking huge needle. I felt dizzy at the sight of it. Or was I just about to faint? The latter was more likely.

Keep her awake.' Doc instructed the medical team surrounding me. They didn't let me sleep incase I'd never wake up.

6 hours later

They still wouldn't let me sleep even when the op was over and successful. I guess the risk was still too high. Riker sat by my side throughout the op and now as I was resting but not allowed to sleep.

'Baby, are you still mad at me?' Riker held my hand in his.

I looked at him through my oxygen mask. 'How can I possibly be when you've been sitting here for the whole day?' I choked out a laugh.

'I love you Daisy. Please recover and get well soon.' He kissed my forehead. My cheeks stretched in a sweet smile.

'I love you more.' I whispered. He didn't look happy though.

'Never take a bullet for me, you hear. This time you were lucky it missed both of us.' He warned

'I did and I'll do it again. The past is the past though. Let's enjoy every second. The future isn't certain.' I told him. He eyebrows furrowed and he asked why Megan and I had been crying before. My heart skipped a bit as I tried to formulate a lie. I ended up
manoeuvring out of the question and asking if he could call the girl in. I had to give her an earful after all the weeping she'd done.

Megan walked in on Taigo's arm and they sat on the other side of my bed. Riker eyeing them from the other side. I tried to sit up but my body remained immobile. Noticing my struggle, both boys attempted to help me up at the same time. But instead they stopped glaring at each other. That's when I realised the two still had bad blood. Over what? Only Lord knows.

Riker forfeited and grabbed the bed remote and pressed a button until I was in a slightly horizontal position. I felt completely numb and I could only move from my neck up. I narrowed my eyebrows at Megan. 'He won't leave me after what happened in the kitchen.' She glared at Tiago who smiled childishly.