Chapter 29

'Hey, any updates?' Tiago asked me as I exited the room.

'We need the six herbs asap or I'm dead.' I said nonchalantly.

'The latter is unacceptable, so we're planning to meet with the Santos earlier than ever.'

'Do we even have a plan or strategy because this is just not any ordinary organisation; it's a ruthless mafia.'  I said.

'With help from my mother in law, we might have a chance. ' Tiago told me.

'Mother in law? You like Megan that much.' I smirked.

'She just does something to my heart that no girl has ever done.' He blushed.

'Have you confessed your undying love to her?' I genuinely wanted to know but I ended up teasing him. I could never talk to Tiago decently.

'Honestly, it's harder than I ever thought. I can't seem to find the right time.' He told me.

'The right time will never come. If you love her, let her know. I promise all you need is just five seconds of insane courage and I promise you the best will come of it.'

'Just five seconds.' He mouthed contemplating.

As Tiago and I conversed, word reached us that Megan had woken up. We ran to the room she had been admitted into and the rest of the group was already there. We left Doc and SG to see their daughter first while we waited outside. I was impatient to see the girl who I had started to call a real friend.

'My sweet little thing, why do you scare me like this?' SG embraced Megan for a long second.

'I'm still unsure of what happened.' Megan sounded confused.

'You're okay darling. Leave the shock and trauma to me who saw it happen.' Doc said. The unified family shared greetings and words of comfort. It made me think about my own family.
Did my mom not care at all? Was my dad genuine about wanting to come back into my life? If my brother knew about my condition right now, he'd be worried sick.

For some reason, I thought about Johnny too; how awful he must've been feeling to see his son in a coma and be a stranger to the other one.

We all took turns to see and converse with Megan before she had to rest again. I was happy to know that her condition wasn't critical and that in time, she'd be okay.

Tiago, Jacob, Riker and I were chilling in the chalet of a safe house on the base's territory when we received news over walkie talkie. 'You have guests here to see you.' The man at the end of the line made Riker aware of the individuals who had paid us a visit and Riker was sure to accept.

The first thought that occurred to me was that his tatted gang members had come to congregate with him. I was bewildered when I saw the two men who entered our residence. Think about the devil.

'Mr. Damaris...Sir Johnny?' I gasped.
I limped into Sir Johnny's arms who readily caught me, lifted me and twirled me around.

'My baby, how's your wound?' Dad said giving me a careful hug.

'It's getting better.' I lied through my teeth.

'How did you guys know we were here?' I questioned.

'Your friend, Riker has been keeping us updated. I came to thank him in person.' Johnny laughed and I did too.

'I heard we have guests.' Tiago walked out in gym shorts and a vest showing his semi shredded build.

'Yeah it's a surprise visit from my dad and...' I stopped midway. I was hit with the sudden realization. I looked at Johnny and back at Tiago and back again at Johnny. It was surreal to see them in one room together. My emotions got the best of me and my eyes became teary. My throat dried up and words refused me.