Chapter 23

My eyes followed the hypotic rise and fall of his chest that I could see through the thin fabric of the hospital gown. I scrutinized everything about him to make sure that Lionel hadn't got to him. Though his body was sickly pale, Doctor Simmons assured me that his body was slowly healing.

When I heard that there were no suspicious visits, I knew that Lionel was only bluffing. 'Don't worry about Eldon, I'll protect my son. You have to worry about protecting yourself.' My favourite advice giver and second dad said.

'Thanks for the video call Johnny, I was so worried about him.' I couldn't find a way to express my gratitude.
'Anytime princess. I wish I could contact you more to see how your wound is healing. Please take care of yourself.' I could see the worry in his eyes.

'Aw Johnny don't make me cry.'

'I love you so much princess, I wanna hug you again so don't die out there okay.'

'I'll stay alive, for you.' I chuckled.

'Please do. Also when the situation permits, please tell Tiago that I'm alive and I really want to meet him.' Sir Johnny requested and I nodded.

'Your dad is here, do you want to talk to him?' Johnny asked turning the camera towards my dad. We talked briefly before I announced that I was leaving the call.

'Take care, Daisy. Thank you Riker for reaching out to me, you're a treasure.' He spoke before I cut the line. Surprisingly, Riker had picked up signals of attempted contact to my number and called back with an encrypted device.

'Was it a good desicion?' Riker asked and I knew he didn't mean contacting Johnny. 'The best.' I replied. Before starting our directionless fly on the Truck I had suggested to bring Eldon along suggesting that we'd build a whole hospital room to facilitate him in the coma until he woke up. Riker obviously refused profusely. If we had taken him along, he wouldn't have survived the endless attacks. Especially the last missile attack by the secret service would have dug him six feet under.

We were still at the Lunchbox and Riker was devising our next move.
'You know very well that plan A didn't work as planned...' Riker began.

'There was a plan A?'

'Yeah the one to just travel in circles until Lionel got tired of the chase. Since it failed, it is now time to initiate the retaliation protocol. Whilst you were unconscious, I spoke and came to an agreement with the team. Since you got hurt, we're leaving you here at the Lunchbox.'

'I don't remember agreeing to this.' I was apart of this game from the beginning and I wouldn't just leave mid-level.

'Your wound is still healing and you can barely walk. Also we don't even know what that black gas was; Garcia is still on it so we have to be careful.'

'Garcia can come along because I'm not staying.' I argued standing up from my bed attempting to walk but failing. Riker caught me before I could realize just how much gravity works.

'Say that again.' He taunted keeping a tight grip on my waist.

'Um...I s-said you can't...oh my gosh.' I couldn't help but gush when he stole a kiss from my unexpecting lips. 'I want to...' Another kiss. '..go.' That time his lips stayed attached to mine in a long smooch.

'What was that for?' I asked dizzy on pleasure.

'My goodbye.' He said smiling before laying me down gently.

'Riker.' I whined.

'Yes baby girl.' He pecked my forehead.

'Your health is as bad as mine, we have to take care of each other.' I tried to reason.