Chapter 17

No...no..no. Could...no. It couldn't be. Did..no. How could it be possible even after he had survived the first time. He was so young, so innocent and so lovely. That couldn't be the end of it, the end of him and the end of us. Call me selfish I wouldn't deny it but with his life goes mine too. Our last vile words to each other also stood there to add insult to injury.

'Daisy.' Riker traced the knuckles of my hand with his thumb. His face was showered with sympathy towards me and a hint of guilt.

'I'm sorry this is happening to you. It's all my fault I shouldn't have acquainted with you on that plane. I shouldn't have asked you out and dragged you into the bounds of my misery. If only I could've stayed in my lane, maybe...'

'Stop.' I cut him off before he could do more damage to my heart with his mindless rambling. I kept sobbing with my head on his shoulder.

My throat tightened and I began to fear having a panic attack infront of Riker. I was afraid that he'd think I was acting up or going crazy. The more I thought about it, the more my body started shaking. I started feeling intense heat and my palms became moist with perspiration. Inhaling made my lungs feel full and on the verge of bursting and exhaling felt like I was giving away my life piece by piece. With that, I began to wheeze for air.

'Hey hey look at me. Do you remember that time on the plane when I kissed your cheek.' He laughed. 'You must have thought I was crazy and creepy.' He chuckled once more as he tried to keep talking.

'Imagine me as a gang leader and the other gang members call me big boss because I'm the man. I get the job done and I leave no witness, no clue. But there's this one guy who calls me cuddly because he knows me so well. I try to seem strong so that I'm not a weak link but in actual fact I'm a softy inside.'

'Sounds like a wattpad story.' I told him.

'I know right.' He laughed showing his beautiful pearly teeth.

'I would read that book any day.' I bit my lip, the panic attack long forgotten.

'I'm sorry but it'll have no pictures of my defined abs.' He smirked.

'Why do I need pictures when I have the real thing infront of me.' I became cocky.

'But I'm buttoned up.' He replied confused. I interlocked my fingers infront of me.
'You'd be surprised what I can do with these hands.' I smiled evilly.

Riker's eyes were so wide open that they'd probably pop out of his eye sockets. I myself was also surprised by my flirt game but I hurried to change the topic.

'How did you know..?'

'My dad used to have anxiety attacks too. Please if it happens again let me know. I'll always be here for you.' He rubbed my shoulder.

'Thank you.' I offered a closed lip smile not bothering to explain the difference between anxiety and panic attacks. The fact that he had helped me was so appreciated that I didn't really care about correcting him. I immediately thought back to what he had just told me.

'He's gone?' I couldn't believe it still. Riker stared at me confused.

'Wait, what are you talking about?' I glared at him. How could he act so oblivious?

'Eldon. They killed him.' I was about to break out into a crying fit.

'Nooo...I meant sorry for the loss of your house. It was part of the burned houses. You thought...no...Eldon is okay.'

I released a shaky breathe and the floodgates to my eyes shut. I was happy that Eldon was as I left him but also devastated that I had lost all my belongings. As I wailed over my material things, a thought popped into my head and I began to freak out.