Epilogue

1 year later

'Welcome back to my YouTube channel. Today we're celebrating 16 million subscribers. Thank you all Rilans; I appreciate every single one of you. Today I am going to give you an insight on the life of those who made Daisy's life special and worth fighting for.' Riley spoke into his camera.

He'd nurtured the influencing hobby and was astounding at it. He was a high profile client lawyer by day and a youtuber on his leisure time.

Time to heal and talking about it had helped him cope after the unexpected death of his sister, Daisy.

He carried his camera around the mansion to Riker's room and questioned him first. 'Introduce yourself.' He nudged the guy. 'Hie Rilans, my name's Riker Elliot. I was Daisy's boyfriend...' His voice cracked and tears rolled down his face. He still hadn't healed. He never would.

'Daisy was a people person. I'd never had someone who loved and cherished me the way she did. She made my life a little less lonely. I was going to put a ring on it but she went too early.' He wiped his tears and left the frame.

Riker had developed RECSaM from just a metal manufacturing company to be the most renowned multinational manufacturer. He was really a hotshot businessman.

Next behind the cameras was Tiago. Riley knew he'd find Tiago in the kitchen either cooking or stuffing his mouth . The kitchen had become his safe space. He was in his white and gold apron kneeding dough. 'Wassup Rilans, you might as well become Tiags after watching me.' Tiago bragged and Riley snorted.

'The name's Tiago Elton Martinez. Daisy was my closest friend. I loved joking around with her as we grew and developed together. I have such fond memories of her and they've kept me going for all these months.' Tiago dropped an imaginary mike lightening the tense air.

Tiago turned to humour as an escape but deep down he regretted the day. The day his best friend passed but he was too happy about Eldon waking up from the coma.

He'd fulfilled his dream of owning a chain of restaurants across the globe. But his HQ was still competing with Johnny's diner.

Johnny who couldn't make it on Riley's YouTube video because of work, was thriving as the owner and head chef of his diner. He'd named it 'Daisy's dinner for diners.' Healing from the loss was a grief ridden process for him. Sir Johnny would shed tears when he re-read the letter Daisy left for him.

Johnny and Daisy's dad had become glued to the hip. They spent more time together than lovers did. Daisy's dad still paralyzed managed to play in the paralympics and win a bronze. "No parent must ever lose their child. It's the worst pain to ever be experienced." He'd always say. What kept him going were the regular visits he got from Megan.

After yet another travel or holiday with her fiance Tiago, Megan would make sure to always visit Daisy's dad. They'd sit down, share memories of Daisy and comfort one another. Megan made it onto the video and shared her story. 'I'm Megan Garcia, Daisy's best friend. She was surely an angel sent from above. Girl talk with Daisy was the bomb. After her death, I left the medical field and decided to live the soft life...for her. I travel, eat and vlog my experiences. Why wouldn't I when my friends are millionaires?' Megan laughed cat walking out of the frame.

The trauma of seeing her best friend breathe her last breathe right before her eyes followed her whenever she walked into any hospital. For that, she disposed off her doctorates and decided to live her best life. During the day, she'd travel, go shopping and eat at different spots but at night she'd cry herself to sleep. Fortunately, Tiago was there to hug and comfort her as they remembered their dearest friend.

Just like their daughter, the Garcias left their respective fields of work. They had moved to a small village town where they led average lives. SG and Doc Garcia would check on Riker once in a while to see how he'd been coping with the loss. At some point they even thought of adopting him to be their legal son.

'Then I'd be step siblings with Megan. Tiago would kill me.' Riker would pretend shiver and profusely refuse. It didn't sit right with him. Though he always expressed his affection and gratitude towards the family.

One last person was left to join Riley's early morning vlog. The gym is where Riley knew to find Eldon. In the whole mansion, there was a variety of morning routines and personalities. Despite their differences, they had all become a family.

'Hey bro, woah isn't that too fast?' Riley was taken aback by Eldon who was flying on the treadmill. Eldon stopped it and hopped off seeing the camera in his face. 'I swear you always got a camera in your hands. What's it now?' Eldon grunted wiping the sweat off his forehead.

'Introduce yourself to the Rilans and tell them how you knew Daisy?.' Riley said.

'Go film the others. And why would you want to put that on the internet?' Eldon replied sourly. The topic of Daisy's tragedy was still an open wound that agonized him. He'd never gotten to say goodbye after all.

'I've already filmed everyone else plus they're now leaving for work and stuff. And... you know I'm trying to raise awareness of gang violence through my YouTube channel. It really helps other people speak out, get help and find comfort.' Riley expressed to him.

It took Eldon a bit of thinking, deep breaths and anxious lip biting before he spoke up. 'Alright fine...I'm Eldon Martinez. Daisy was a very special girl to me. We didn't see eye to eye for a while, we argued a lot and one day I ended up in a coma. 23 months later...' His voice broke. '23 months later, I woke up and she...sh-she...' He cupped his face and sniffed violently. Riley switched off the camera and hugged Eldon.

It was still hard for him to accept that she was really gone. He'd spent the whole year running in the morning, working with Riker at RECSaM during the day and re-reading the letter by night. The only thing he had left of her was the letter she dedicated to him.

After calming down, he went to his room and opened his desk frantically searching for the letter. Eldon shut the door behind him and looked out of the window with the letter in his hands. He unfolded the edges, eyes already damp as he read it for the thousandth time.

~To Eldon

If you're reading this letter that means something really bad happened to me. I'm sorry Eldon. And if you haven't woken up to read this letter a week or so after my demise, I told Megan to read this to your little comatose ass. And she's keeping my promise.

I'm sorry we fought for so many petty reasons. I'm sorry about your accident and that you ended up in a coma. But I'm not sorry for saving you. If I had a choice I'd do it all over not changing anything.

I never had goals, passions or aspirations in life. I was just a teenage girl who knew to go to school and come back home. In my last days, I realized I had much I hadn't experienced. Time wasn't on my side though.

Live life in the present, my friend. Eat, love, laugh, travel and live your best life. Just don't lose yourself in the process

I should agree though; the only thing I was ever good at was protecting and being there for my friends. And I'm happy I did that to the end.

If you haven't woken up just know that I'll always be with you, in a coma. Just that mine's a little longer.

~Yours

Daisy Lorelei Eny...oh whatever.

The End