Chapter 22

When Riker realized something he hurriedly staggered into his wheelchair and grabbed his walkie talkie. 'Everyone in the Truck. NOW!' he shouted and immediately, I heard rushed footsteps.

'You follow me.' He commanded atractively. I ran after Riker who rolled himself out to the hangar. 'Daisy.' Riker checked if I was still behind him and continued on his way when he found me there. We were a few doors from the hangar when I saw a shadow in the dark. Before I could scream, my mouth was covered and I was forcefully dragged into another room. The man behind the frightening black mask stared into my soul causing a chill to travel down my spine.

'Who are you and what do you want with me.' I tried to sound confident though I was dying inside.

The supposed kidnapper slowly removed his mask revealing a face that caused a twist in my gut. At that moment, I knew I was down on luck. With a heartless bastard like Lionel, my best bet at survival was stalling until someone came for the rescue. Now that I knew he was somewhat the leader of a rouge organisation causing havoc, I was petrified by merely his name. Let alone being stuck in a room with him.

'Well well well, if it isn't miss innocent herself. Pretty but feisty, just how I like them.' He said ogling my body. I almost vomited at his disgusting behaviour but I knew I had to hold my own. Riker would probably take longer to find me in a wheelchair.

'Well well well, if it isn't the devil in a V-neck.' I mockingly copied his evil voice. Lionel smirked before replying.

'I will gladly live up to that title, my princess. First, I will find Riker and let him sign RECSaM to me before I behead him. Tiago has nothing much to offer but it'll be exhilarating to add a foster child to my body count. Not forgetting his twin, it won't be as fun as I won't get to see him begging for his life. One that he's already lost. I will kill your little parents who never even loved you. One by one, I'll take down everyone you've ever loved. Your little high school friends, sir Johnny...oh yeah I know he's alive..'

'Blah blah blah, all this because your old ass is jealous of a teenage boy. Aren't you ashamed of yourself. A man of your age could have better things to do like pick out some wood for your walking stick. You'll need that very soon.' I had to coat the threats in humour to soften them up. It took me all the composure I had to not buckle up and hide in a corner after he said all those horrendous words.

Lionel flared with anger and slammed me across a wall. 'You've got a big mouth, anybody's told you that?' He seethed. 'You got toenail fingers, anybody's told you that.' I retorted. Bad Idea.

'I wish you would witness all the revenge I'll get for you teenage bastards. But too bad, you won't live to find out.' Is what he said before slashing my side with what looked like a large knife.

I just stood there shocked waiting for my brain to register that I'd just been cut open. There was a burning sensation added to a stinging feeling before it registered.

'Ahhhhhhhhh.' I fell to the ground thrusting up my hip at the unbearable pain. Lionel's lips stretched into a smile as he watched me suffer under his wrath. He held up the sword-like knife and I saw a dark gas choking the blade. 'It has no cure.' His rusty voice spoke before he jogged out of the room. At that moment I was hit with a wave of confusion before a piercing feeling settled on my side. I writhed as the same greyish black gas began leaking from my slashed skin.

What in the supernatural?

All I could do was scream as I felt like my organs were being pulled out. Another agonized yell left my lips as I hit my head against the floor to divert the pain. I lost all sense as the excruciating pain brought me close to unconsciousness. My eyes drooped and bit by bit I lost my grip on life.