Chapter 9

Riley's P.O.V.

30 minutes later I was out of the shower. I went to my room and put on my lavender sweatpants and a Forever in Your Mind sweatshirt that Hannah left here the last time she was over. As soon as I slipped it over my head and put my arms through the sleeves, I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly sprinted downstairs and paused at the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hi, Ricky," I said, looking at Ricky with a smile on my face. Ricky smiled back.

"Hi, Riles. Nice sweatshirt," Ricky said, pointing at it quickly before putting his hand in front of his chest, his other hand holding it.

"Heh, thanks. Come on in," I said, stepping aside and closing the door as soon as Ricky walked in.

"So, seeing as you're a fan, you know what tomorrow is?" Ricky asked, following me as I lead him to the living room. As soon as we got in we sat on the couch.

"Um, what day is it today?" I asked.

"The 21st of January," Ricky answered, a cute, small smile on his face. I started thinking, what could tomorrow be? Then I remembered what Sarah once told me:

"I can't believe Ricky Garcia is going to be 22 this year! It's his golden birthday, too, since his birthday is the 22nd!"

"Tomorrow is you birthday. Your golden birthday, to be specific," I replied. Ricky looked confused.

"What is a golden birthday?" Ricky asked.

"It's when you turn the age of the day you were born. Like my birthday is on the 23rd of August, so my golden birthday is in 5 years," I explained.

"Wait, you're 4 years younger than me? It doesn't seem like it," Ricky said, looking at me with squinted eyes.

"Yeah, it's insane. I just graduated from school. I am 18 years old," I said.

"Huh. I could've sworn you were maybe 2 years younger than me," Ricky said.

"Nope," I said, grinning. Ricky then looked like he just realized something.

"You said you just graduated from school. Which school?" Ricky asked.

"The one about two blocks away," I answered. Ricky looked at me wide-eyed.

"You're that girl! The band and I were looking around a bit and when we were looking at the school we saw you in your jeep talking to people on the phone!" Ricky exclaimed. I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Um, yeah, that was me..." I said, embarrassed. I looked away from him only for him to put his finger on my chin and turn my head to look at him.

"Don't be embarrassed. We just thought you and your friends were fans and you wanted them to see us, because you're a great friend," Ricky said. I smiled at him.

"Yeah, that's exactly it. And thanks, but my friend Sarah doesn't think I'm a very good friend right now," I said, frowning as I thought about her. Ricky put his arm around me and looked at me with a sad smile.

"You wanna talk about it?" Ricky asked. I didn't know if I should since it means I would have to tell him I'm not really a fan.

"Uh, yeah, that would be great, actually," I said. I then explained everything. Everything.

"So...you were just pretending to be a fan?" Ricky asked, taking his arm back from around me. He looked hurt.

"At first I was! But, now I am!" I exclaimed. Ricky looked at me. He was still frowning. Then he suddenly smiled.

"Okay, I'm cool with that. And also, I think you should give Sarah some time. She's probably just upset that she hasn't met any of us yet, but you have and you weren't even a fan of us. It will get better, trust me," Ricky said, rubbing my arm with his hand, his arm back around me.

"I sure hope so," I said. Ricky looked at me and I looked back at him. He had a small smile on his face. He suddenly started to lean in and I felt his lips brush against mine, when suddenly my mom came in and we jumped apart really fast.

"Oh, hi! Riley, you didn't tell me you had a friend over!" My mom said. She had just looked up, luckily, and didn't see us about to kiss.

"Um, yeah. Mom, this is Ricky. Ricky, my mom," I introduced them.

"Hi, Mrs. Johnson," Ricky said, hugging my mom.

"Please, call me Jess. It's nice to meet you, Ricky!" My mom said.

"It's nice to meet you, too," Ricky said.

We spend the rest of the day getting to know each other and playing games. Today was a great day.

A/n,
Here is another chapter. It is a lot longer than my other chapters. I can't believe he is gonna be 22 tomorrow! It's crazy! This story is based in 2021, but none of the events that have been happening has happened and they are still a band.