Chapter 13

Riley's P.O.V.

Ricky and I have now arrived at the beach. The ocean looks incredible. Ricky put down a blanket and put our food on it before we sat down.

"This is so nice," I said, looking out at the water. Ricky smiled at me as he handed me my burger. I took a sip from my shake.

"It is. I love the ocean," Ricky said. He took a bite of his burger and there was some of the sauce on his cheek by his mouth. 

"Oh,  here," I said, grabbing a napkin and rubbing off the sauce. He watched me with a soft smile. 

"Thanks. So, how does it feel to be graduated from high school?" Ricky asked after he swallowed his food. I thought for a bit.

"I honestly have mixed feelings about it," I said finally. I took a sip from my shake.

"How so?" Ricky asked, taking a bite from his burger. I shrugged and looked at my shake while stirring it with my straw.

"I'm happy I finally get to live on my own without having to worry about mean girls. I want to be able to make my own choices as well, so I'm happy I finally can. However, I am going to miss my school. Mostly the people rather than the classes. It's sad thinking I may never get to see the people I grew up with ever again," I said, tears coming to my eyes. I got along with all if not most of my classmates. I kind of had to, since we had to put up with each other since at least Kindergarten. Ricky nodded to show he was listening.

"I understand that. You have them on Snapchat though, right?" Ricky asked. I nodded. 

"At least most of them," I said. 

"See? You can stay in contact with everyone on that. In the future, you can make plans to hang out," Ricky said. I smiled. I guess I never thought about that.

"That's a great idea. Thanks, Ricky," I said with a grin. Ricky smiled back.

"Of course. Now, lets finish our food and then we can go for a nice stroll on the beach. The sunset is beautiful over the water," Ricky said. I nodded. 

"It's so weird not being here with my family. I always used to come here with just them. None of my friends ever really had time to go to the beach with me," I said. Ricky smiled.

"Well, I will always have time for you," Ricky said, making me blush. No guy has ever said anything as romantic as that. 

"That's so sweet, thank you, Ricky. I can't wait to hang out with you some more," I said, afterwards taking a bite of my burger. 

"I'm excited, too. We can do so much together. Plus, I know you may not be the biggest fan of FIYM, but you can always come watch our rehearsals. You can even invite Hannah," Ricky said. I smiled. 

"That sounds wonderful," I said. We sat in a comfortable silence as we finished up our meal. We put the blanket and our trash back in Ricky's car before going for our walk. I hadn't finished my shake yet, so I brought it with me. As we started, Ricky grabbed my hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

"We should build a sandcastle," Ricky said suddenly. We hadn't walked too far, since we don't want to have to walk so far to get back.

"I'm down for that," I said. Ricky smiled at me before we started to make our sandcastle. 

A/n,

Here is another chapter! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!