𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅

act two; chapter two

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ꜱꜱᴀꜱꜱɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪꜱᴛ

ᴀꜱꜱᴀꜱꜱɪɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪꜱᴛ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HEAVY FOG SURROUNDED THE SMALL BOAT AS YOU ROWED QUIETLY ACROSS THE LAKE.

"The fog is so thick you can't see anything" Sakura muttered as you silently nodded your head. Nobody had spoken a word since the boat driver instructed you all to keep silent in case somebody heard.

"The bridge isn't far now" the man started "Our destination is just up ahead, the land of waves."

You hummed in content before squinting your eyes, scanning the area through the fog before your eyes landed on a rather large, unfinished bridge up.

'That's probably the bridge Tazuna meant' You thought to yourself but it seemed Naruto saw it too because he decided to shout out,

"WHOA! IT'S HUGE!"

"Quiet! I told you no noise!" The driver whisper-yelled "Why do you think we're traveling like this? Cutting off the engine and rowing? Moving through the dense fog? So they don't see us!"

Naruto slapped his hand over his mouth and sat down quietly. Everything fell silent again.

"Mr Tazuna," Kakashi started, making the older man tense "Before we reach the pier, I wanted to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid we'll have to end this mission when we reach shore."

Tazuna sighed before speaking "I have no choice but to tell you. No, I want you to know the truth. Like you said, this is beyond the scope of your original mission." He paused "The one who seeks my life, is a very short man with a long deadly shadow."

"A deadly shadow?" Kakashi hummed "Who is it?"

"You know him, at least I'm sure you've heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world." Tazuna started "The shipping magnet, Gato"

"Huh? Gato? Of Gato transport?! He's a business leader, everyone knows him!" Kakashi exclaimed

You sat there with dot eyes as they conversed about Gato and why Tazuna was building the bridge.

You were brought out of your trance when the boat driver announced that you would be arriving soon

You were brought out of your trance when the boat driver announced that you would be arriving soon. You hummed happily before you unconsciously grabbed someones hand and held it in your own, rubbing it gently. The person's face exploded in red as they tried to calm down their breathing.

Kakashi was sitting near Tazuna, Naruto was sitting across from them, Sakura was sitting across from you so that left you with...

Sasuke.

You sent him a small smile before spacing out again

╰─➛TIMESKIP

You were walking towards Tazuna's house when Naruto decided to act cool and through kunai's in random directions. You sensed a presence in a nearby bush and immediately snapped your head in the direction at the same time as Naruto, who threw another kunai at the bush.

You and Kakashi walked towards the bush and picked up a now traumatized white rabbit. Sakura looked at the animal in your hands and began to scold Naruto. He scooped the rabbit from your hands and began rubbing it against his cheek

"Ah! A rabbit! I'm sorry little rabbit!"

'A snow rabbit? But it isn't winter...' You thought before your eyes widened 'Unless it was a distraction-'

"LOOK OUT!" Everyone ducked as a large sword flew past and slammed into a nearby tree.

You growled lowly as you looked at the person standing on it

"Well well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A/N: Short chapter today cause im tired lol

I decided to give some Sasuke fluff cause i didn't want him to be left out and glare at everyone when they got attention from Y/N 🙄🤚🏼

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐃.

╰➛𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐃