𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

act three; chapter nine

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

тнє ¢нυηιη єχαмѕ ѕтαgє тωσ: тнє ƒσяєѕт σƒ ∂єαтн

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/N FUMBLED WITH THE SLEEVE OF HER HAORI, anxiety rising as she gazed out at the vast forest in front of her. It had an eerie appearance, with a metallic fence surrounding its perimeter and 44 gates evenly spaced around it, a very large tree trunk sat right in the middle of it. She remembered Anko explaining that it was called the Forest of Death.

"You all feelin' scared? Good. We call this place the Forest of Death, and soon enough you're gonna find out why."

If the name hadn't already put Y/N on edge, the underlying threat in Anko's tone would have. Y/N made sure she was at least a few feet away from the eccentric woman; she didn't feel comfortable being any closer. Her composure was starting to crumble and she needed some sort of closure.

Naruto had wandered off to the front of the group some time before, and to the disappointment of Y/N who wished to stay as discreet as possible, began taunting Anko. He had wiggled his hips teasingly and mocked her, which did nothing to soothe Y/N's nerves.

"So, looks like we've got ourselves a tough guy." There was a smile on Anko's face as she said that, Y/N remembered it vividly. She also remembered how quickly that smile faded.

Anko appeared behind Naruto, a motion that had made Y/N's breath hitch, and caressed his bleeding cheek.

Bleeding cheek.

Bleeding.

It was only until a few moments after that Y/N realized what had happened. Anko had thrown a kunai at the blonde boy around the same time she had given him that sickeningly sweet smile and used the brief moment of shock to dash towards him.

Her movements were swift and precise, as one would expect from a high-ranking Jonin ninja. Y/N had quickly buried her slight admiration for the woman when an unfamiliar Genin stepped up. She watched as her gaze drifted across the sea of genin, and the raven-haired girl had tightly gripped the hem of her kimono once the mysterious woman's gaze landed on her.

She was tall, notably taller than Y/N, and wore a large straw hat that sat comfortably atop her smooth black locks. Y/N observed the Hidden Grass Village headband hidden tied around her head with narrowed eyes.

The two Genin stared at each other for some time, the both of them refusing to look away. The taller woman exuded a dangerous aura, as if to say, "Try anything funny and I'll cut you down where you stand."