𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

act three; chapter eight

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ѕρє¢ιαℓ яєρσят; ℓινє ƒяσм тнє ƒσяєѕт ∂єαтн!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/N STARED WEARILY AT THE VAST STRETCHING FOREST THAT STOOD IN FRONT OF HER. The raven-haired girl could hear shocked murmurs and hushed whispers from the group of genin, but she paid no mind to them. Instead, the young L/N focused on becoming familiar with her surroundings.

'What is this place?' She thought cautiously. 'There are some other Chunin over there, so there's no doubt that this is our exam location... but...'

Anko began to speak as if voicing her thoughts. She smirked darkly at the unwary group of pre-teens.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It's the 44th battle training zone." Anko's smirk grew wider. "But we call it, The Forest of Death."

A long silence ensued.

"Forest of... death?" Naruto murmured.

Suddenly, a familiar brown box (that is somehow supposed to be disguised as a rock?) crept up behind Naruto. The blonde, feeling something staring at him, turned around in confusion.

'...?' Y/N watched curiously as Naruto began to run around in circles. The young ravenette's e/c eyes trailed then trailed downwards to see what he was running from.

'Ah... those three again?' She sweatdropped.

Having enough, Naruto skidded to a stop. The short blonde pointed at the crate, which also came to a stop, and began yelling.

"That's the worst disguise of all time, there's no such thing as square rocks! It's completely obvious!"

The sweatdrop on the back of Y/N's head grew even bigger.

'If it was obvious why did you run...?'

"You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick, boss!" A familiar childish voice yelled. "Just what I'd expect from my greatest rival!"

Then there was a bright flash of light, followed by three large puffs of multicolored smoke. The three children who were huddled beneath coughed furiously.

"I think we used a little too much gunpowder, you guys..." Konohamaru muttered between coughs.

'Are they okay?' Y/N furrowed her brows in concern. When it came to young children, her concealed elder sister side shone through. She was about to walk over to check on them when she felt a warm arm on her wrist.