𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗘

"don't cry about the destiny we were born with,

because we are all free."

skip to 0:26 for the lyrics to match up

this takes place in shippuden

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Smiling.

A gesture that symbolizes happiness, kindness, compassion and meaning. It is a gesture that is associated with the cheerful moments in life, the moments where you are truly enjoying yourself.

𝙞𝙛 𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚,

𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪 𝘯𝘰 𝘺ō 𝘯𝘪, 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘢 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘢, 𝘥𝘰𝘬𝘰 𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘶𝘬𝘦𝘥𝘰

Everyone smiles when they are happy. Some smile when they are mad, some smile when they are sad, and some smile for no particular reason. Whether it be a happy smile or a nervous smile, everyone has smiled before; it is a universal language.

𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙬𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤, 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.

𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘶𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘰 𝘨𝘢, 𝘯𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰𝘬𝘰 𝘦 𝘮𝘰 𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘪

In general, a smile is a symbol of peace and happiness.

𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 "𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙚"

𝘵𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘥𝘢 𝘪𝘬𝘪𝘳𝘶 𝘯𝘰 𝘸𝘢 𝘪𝘺𝘢𝘥𝘢

So why?

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙚𝙡

𝘴𝘦𝘬𝘢𝘪 𝘸𝘰 𝘻𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘰𝘬𝘶𝘥𝘢

Why is it that she lays in his arms with such a soft smile? Why is it that she caresses his cheek with fondness in her eyes? Why is it that she whispers sweet nothings in his ear with her soothing voice?

Why is it that she does all of these things while bleeding out, her chest rising up and down in labored breaths?

Why is it that she's bleeding?

Why?

𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙤, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰, 𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘪 𝘸𝘰 𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘶 𝘺𝘰

Why does it rain?

Perhaps, the sky is weeping too. Perhaps, the sky is aware of the great tragedy that has fallen upon the young man and his spouse. He stares at his beloved with tear-stained eyes, yelling protests when he notices the light in her own beginning to fade.

𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜,

𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘪 𝘯𝘪 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘰,

Why is this happening?

Why did she jump in front of him? Why did she block him from the onslaught of kunai coming his way? Why?

𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪.
𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰, 𝘬𝘪𝘮𝘪 𝘸𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘶 𝘺𝘰

It's unfair, he thinks. The world is against him, against them. Why must she suffer for his carelessness? Why must he be the cause of her life-threatening injuries? He watches with bated breath as she reaches towards his face once again, her usual gentle smile on her face.

Oh, how he hated that smile. The smile that tells you not to worry, the smile that tells you everything is fine when it isn't.

𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚,

𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘢 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘰,

She lightly whisked away the large drops of translucent water from his face and raised her head, wincing slightly. The young woman pressed a tender kiss on his cheek.

"Don't worry,"

𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣.

𝘶𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘪.

"Wherever you go, I will always be here. My love is something that cannot be touched, even by death." He knew, of course he knew. Her love for him was boundless, as was his for her. He knew, and yet, he wishes he could go back in time. He wishes he could be a bit more selfish. To hold her more, touch her more, love her more.

But he can't.

𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 "𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩",

"𝘵𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪" 𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢 𝘫𝘪𝘣𝘶𝘯 𝘯𝘰 𝘬𝘰𝘵𝘰,

The young man chokes on his sob as he watches the final light in her eye dim, her serene smile still plastered on her face.

"Remember, from the bottom of my heart,"

𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙢𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛.

𝘵𝘴𝘶𝘺𝘰𝘬𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘳𝘶 𝘬𝘰𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢.

"I love you."

And with that, she was gone.

If only she had stayed a little longer, she would have heard the loud thunderclap from the darkened clouds as the rain poured down heavier.

If only she stayed a little longer, she would have heard the heart-wrenching scream that came from her lover.

If only she stayed a little longer, perhaps she could have sensed the team of leaf medical ninja approaching them.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃