𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

act two; chapter eleven

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

zєяσ νιѕιвιℓιту; тнє ѕнαяιηgαη ѕнαттєяѕ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE TRIO WAITED ANXIOUSLY AS THE SMOKE CLEARED AND THE FIRE DIED DOWN. Much to their surprise, the attack had hardly left a dent in the ice ninja's defense.

Irked by the lame attempt, Naruto yelled at Sasuke.

"THAT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL!" Y/n's sweatdropped lightly before her eyes sharpened as the masked ninja spoke to them once more.

"You'll need much more heat than that to melt this ice." Sasuke scowled at his sentence. Haku made a quick handsign and a bright light appeared from all mirrors, making the three genin shriek and cover their eyes. Then, another hurdle of needles were sent their way.

"Where is he?! Where's the needle attack coming at us from!? Are they clones?!" Naruto asked as he stood up shakily.

"We've got to find the real one! Which one is it?!" He finished, looking around frantically.

"Look into every mirror as hard as you like. You'll never learn the secret." Haku shot down his idea quickly.

Naruto glared at him

"Oh yeah?! Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

"NO!" Sasuke yelled while Y/n screamed into her muzzle.

Multiple Naruto clones appeared in a puff of smoke and charged at each mirror. Haku sighed as each of his 'clones' warped out of the mirrors and hurdled yet again another wave of needles, this time targeting the clones.

And just like that, they all disappeared.

'He's quick!' Y/n thought as she watched the male enter inside his mirrors again.

"These mirrors only reflect my image, allowing me to transport myself at light speed." Haku said softly. Y/n noticed that the boy would never speak ill to them, and kept a delicate yet firm tone.

"Through my eyes, you appear to be moving in slow motion."

'Slow motion, huh? So that means-' The ebony haired girl's eyes widened before her teacher voiced her thoughts.

"I knew it! It's a bloodline trait, kekkei genkai!" Zabuza laughed mercilessly at his revelation.

"Kekkei Genkai?" Sakura asked "What is it?"

"It's like my Sharingan or Y/N's Akumagan. You can't learn it. It has to be in your blood, in your genetic code, passed down from generation to generation within a single clan." Kakashi explained with narrowed eyes.