𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

act three; chapter six

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

тнє тєηтн qυєѕтιση; αℓℓ σя ησтнιηg!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"FIRST," Ibiki started, pointing an intimidating finger across the room. "YOU CANDIDATES FROM THE VILLAGE HIDDEN IN THE SOUND, KNOCK IT OFF! WHO TOLD YOU; YOU COULD FIGHT?" The only thing that could be heard in the room was the proctor's booming voice, nobody uttered a word in defiance.

"You wanna be failed before we've even begun?!" He asked rhetorically, prompting the bandaged genin to offer a half-hearted apology.

"Sorry, it's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy... sir." Y/N nearly scoffed aloud. What kind of excuse was that?

"I'll say this only once, so listen up!" Ibiki ignored the boy's response and focused on the other candidates, dark eyes glinting with hidden mirth. "There will be no combat between candidates, no attacking each other without the permission of your proctor. And even then; the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited."

"Anyone who even thinks about messing with me will be disqualified immediately." The tall man finished with a glare. "Got it?"

The hairs on Y/N's forearms stood up, prickling with uneasiness. In front of her, she could hear one of the other Sound ninja scoff at the forbidding of lethal force. He muttered something about it being, 'no fun'.

'You animal, it's not supposed to be fun...'

Ibiki's now calmed voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin Exam." The scar-faced man reached into his pocket to grab something. "Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number, this number determines where you will sit." He held up a pack of square-white cards, the digit '1' written on the first card in bold.

"We'll start the written test once you're all seated."

Naruto paused, processing the new information.

"The what...?" The blonde mumbled shakily. "Did he say... written?"

As if hearing his horrified mutters, one of the examiners held up a thick stack of white paper with a grin.

"NOOO!! NOT A WRITTEN TEST, NO WAYYYYYY!" Naruto cried out, distress painted on his tanned features.

After waiting for around 30 minutes, everyone had successfully gotten their respective numbers and was seated quietly, awaiting instructions. Y/N took a glance around at her new surroundings, she noticed that she wasn't seated near any of her teammates.