Chapter 43

-The Next Day-

~Natalie's POV~

-January 9th, Tuesday-

"Are you sure you want to come with us Zander?" I ask him, helping my son get together a backpack for Natalia. I think about what Jefferson told us about Iori and his grandfather, not to mention his mother when she was a baby. I put in a pack of wipes, and my son puts in a good amount of diapers, "Oh I'm coming for the same reason your asking me that question. I'm the get-out-of-jail-free card Nat." He says, and I don't like that sound of that. "If things start to escalate, you just make a big ol' breeze of me whoosh past Iori and boom, his attention is on me and hopefully, he cares less about one of his laws being broken." Alex says, and my son and I look at one another. And before I could shut that terribly dangerous idea down, I hear the door being unlocked.

And in files my husband, and more family. My brothers, sister, and sister-in-laws were the first to show, along with a very persistent Jane. And right now, she's currently arguing with her mother, begging her to let her go with to face the Baudelaires. Lauren shakes her head, walking over here with crossed arms, "No means no young lady, you're staying here with me and your aunt Reese, and that's final." She says, giving me the 'help-me' eyes before glancing at her obviously upset daughter. "Aunt Nat could please tell my mother I am inconclusive and can heal people and propel combustions of energy, y'know, just like my father can? I could be of some use too y'know?" Jane says to me, following her mother over here.

"Although I'd lean to the side of you staying safe with your mother," I say to her, looking to my sister-in-law, "She is my niece Lauren." I simply say, and now she's giving me her 'really?' look. "Aha! Even my aunt thinks I should go." Jane says, and I look at her crazy. "I didn't say all that now, I'm just saying, you have gold blood running through your veins. You are powerful. But what's the point if you don't know how to use it?" I ask her, and I hope she realizes exactly what I'm saying. "You know it's gonna be a tough day when Nat gets all inspirational." Alex jokes, making everyone laugh. "Very funny Zander, but seriously. Junior and Natasha are going so we can make clear of how Natalia was conceived, and both Bea snd Mason are going to protect Natalia so, I think we have enough teens coming with Janey." I tell her, and she sighs sadly, "Ahhh, what's one more?" Her father comes up says, putting his arm around her shoulder.

She gasps and hugs him tight, "OMG thank you daddy!" She says, before running over to Bea, -who just arrived with her mother-, with the news. "You did not just yes my no." Lauren says to him, obviously upset. "Don't worry babe, you know I won't let anything happen to her. I mean, come on, she's our only child." He exaggerates, rolling his eyes at her, and I laugh. For the past month my brothers been begging Lauren for a son, and she's persistently been telling him she only wants one child. "Oh give it up already, you're not impregnating me again." She tells him, and he rubs his hands together like an evil scientist.

"Never." He says, backing away slowly towards Grace and our brother Miles. Lauren elbows me, "You wanna know something funny about that?" She asks me with a smirk, and I nod, quirking as she comes near my ear to whisper. "I'm pregnant." She tells me, and I gasp. "Are you serious?" I ask her in a whisper, and she nods, and holds up three fingers. And since she looks nowhere near three months pregnant, I assume three babies!

I keep myself from freaking out by asking if she knows the genders, "All boys." She says, and I hug her like no tomorrow. I release, "When are you gonna tell him?" I ask, making sure my brother wasn't eavesdropping. "Valentine's day, it's my gift to him. I had Alex compluse into forgetting my gift for Valentine's, and immediately after I made him promise not to look into the future." She says, reminding of that holiday. I gasp, realizing I haven't even started thinking about my gift for Tobias. I mean, who can think about stuff like that with all of this going on? I bet he hasn't thought of a gift for me yet either.