Chapter 21

~Later that day~

~Natalie's POV~

"Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" He asks me, and I laugh-scoff a bit. "A better question would be do you think there's one or two in there? Since I haven't had a single ultrasound since the night I passed out." I tell him, and he obviously realizes himself. "Oh you think we're having twins again?" He asks, and I give him a 'ehh' type of nod. "A little bit yeah, and maybe my ovaries are outta wack and drop another set of three. But I honestly doubt it." I tell him, "Yeah there's no way you could have two sets of triplets in a row. But if it is a single pregnancy, which would you want right now? A boy or a girl?" He asks, and I think for a second. "A girl." I tell him, "And I honestly think it's a girl. I've been craving strawberries and beef jerky like I did when I was pregnant with Nevaeh and Jameson but, more strawberries than jerky. It's weird." I explain, and he smiles at me, and thus proceeds to snuggle into my baby bump.

"I love when you're pregnant." He says, and I smile yet quirk. "Why?" I ask, and he looks back up at me. "Because, besides the facts that your making life, and you look so adorable when you waddle," He points out, and I rolls my eyes a bit, "It feels good to be able to be the thing that's your main source of protection for nine months." He also says, and I poke my bottom lip out at that. That's so heartwarming. "You always wanna protect me." I say, and he nods. "Yep and I always will. I'll have you know I have a love-hate relationship with that invulnerability of yours." He tells me, "It's constant, and it'll protect you from basically everything. And I love that about it. But it won't protect you when you honestly need it the most. And although it protects every child you've had and is protecting our next child right now, it ... forgets about you in the process. And I don't like that, in fact, I hate that. It's like it doesn't know that you need to be okay for the baby to be okay too. Now that I think about it, your ability's actually kinda stupid." He goes on about, making me laugh with that last line.

"I mean, you're not wrong. It kinda is. But at least you get to be my protecter for nine months." I tell him, and he smiles, and kisses my bump. "Right you are. I think it's a girl too by the way. I can't think of any girl names though." He says, looking at my bump as if he could look inside like I could. "Hm. I can't either." I tell him, and it was true. "Maybe it'll comes to us when I get closer to the due date." And he looks at me, obviously wondering when that is. "April 1st." I tell him, and he raises his eyebrows.

"Oh my god." He says, realizing something. "What is it?" I ask, and he smiles at me. "All your kids are always born on the first of any month. Junie was born on the first of August, the twins on the first of May, and then the triplets on the first of January." He explains, and I realize that myself. "Maybe it has something to do with the fact me and my brothers are born on the first of December. But have you even noticed you, your brother, and your sister are all born on the 3rd of any month?" I say and ask, and I guess he realizes that too. "I wonder what exactly that all means. I mean, it has to mean something right?" He says and asks, and I wonder about it.

I remember back to when my uncle met my firstborn. "All I'm gonna say is, both of your genes combining, affects this world more than you think." I remember hearing him say, and I really think about it. How powerful are my kids with Tobias gonna be exactly? How powerful are my kids with Alex gonna be exactly? When are my older kids going to have their powers come out?

When should I have my triplets do their finalization ceremony? What are their powers gonna be? Am I gonna be able to know how to teach them how to control them? I realize just how much more difficult parentings gonna be once my kids powers come out. And that's if all of them gain abilities.

I take in the fact Alex isn't divergent, and our babies could've taken on more than just his good looks. They could all be conclusive because of him. Although, every past set of triplets in my family has been divergent, my triplets could be the exception. "What're you thinking about?" Tobias asks me, and I look at him, realizing I was staring up at the ceiling while in my head. I sigh, "Everything really." I tell him, "About my kids." I add, and he moves from laying his head on my bump to laying right next to me.