Chapter 35

~Two days later~

-December 17th, Friday-

~Tobias' POV~

I set my pen down, deciding to take a break from writing down pinpoints for my last speech as alpha. I'm so ready to retire and yet, I can't believe it. I've been alpha for just about twelve years, and I never would've thought I'd actually enjoy being a leader. Yes, being alpha is very arduous and very tedious but, there's nothing like standing and speaking in front of thousands of people. Thousands of people who depend on me, to be their leader.

I gripped the railing in front of me the first time I gave a speech because that's how nervous I was. And now, I talk with my hands, projecting myself loud and proud. Because I am proud, proud to be this faction's leader. Not just because this faction and even surrounding faction's, admire me and my story but, because of how I overcame the only reason why I never took leadership in the past. My father.

And just the fact that I have a positive relationship with him now, makes me even prouder. But I can't take full credit for the man I've become. I look up over at my wife in the kitchen, cooking breakfast with all her kids. Well, almost all her kids. I sigh, realizing just how grown my first son is getting.

I remember the days he'd be down here too, barely waist-line tall, getting messy while making breakfast with her. Speaking of him, I notice him coming downstairs, and he comes into the kitchen and kisses his mother's cheek, grabbing an apple. I sighed once more, taking in just how much my son looks like me. From the splice in his eyebrow to the freckle on his ... what the fuck? I stand up and stop my son from leaving the kitchen, "What's up dad?" He asks, and I poke the hickey on his neck.

"That's what's up, playa. Nice hickey." I snitch on him, and I hear his mother gasp. "What?" She questions, coming over while wiping her hands off on her apron. She grabs his jaw, and tilts his head to the side, "Should I be worried young man?" She asks him seriously, and I await his answer along with his mother. He shakes his head immediately, "No, ma. It just happened, and just because it happened doesn't mean I let anything happen." He answers, and she lets go of his jaw. "Good response," She says, heading back to continue cooking with our twins and her triplets, "As long as its true." She adds, and he nods.

"I don't lie to you ma. Nothing happened, in fact, I stopped her." He tells her, and I raise my eyebrows in surprise. But I hear that tinge of regret in his voice, "You don't say? Y'know, it takes a lot for a man to turn that down so, I'm proud of you son. In fact," I say, and I pull him out the kitchen and away from his mom, making sure she was busy. "You're not about to have the talk with me are you?" He asks, making me laugh. "I'm pretty sure I'm already late on that, but I am gonna give you this," I say, slipping out my wallet, and thus slipping out all of my belongings in it. Except for one thing, and I give it to him, "Dad, what do I need a wallet for?" He asks, and I laugh a bit, "For a lot of things, especially since you're becoming a man. And look inside the wallet genius." I tell him, and he does, and his eyes widen when he sees what I left.

"A cond-," He almost exclaims in surprise, before I shushed him. "Hush kid, your mother would kill me if she found out I gave you that. Can you guess why exactly I'm giving you this though?" I ask him, and he folds the wallet back up, thinking. "Beeecauseeee," He prolongs, obviously stalling, "You want me to use it? Like a responsible adult would?" He asks, and I roll my eyes with a smile. "Yeah you wish lover-boy, but no, I don't want you to leave this house and automatically go use it. I'm giving you this because, the last thing I want, is one day while you're with her, you decide to say fuck it and choose not to stop her like you did, and end up getting her pregnant." I say carefully, emphasizing that last part. "Please do not think I'm giving you the okay to go ahead and go willy-nilly, because that's the exact opposite of what I'm saying. Do you understand me?" I also say, and I also make sure to ask. He nods, "I hear you dad. Trust me, I helped both you and mom with all six of my siblings growing up. I don't want babies right now." He tells me, but I give him a look.