57

-3 months later-

~May 3rd, Friday~

~Tobias Jr's POV~

"Mason, stop stressing. I'm pretty positive they think your a great leader." - "Because I stopped a fight? My father has done that plenty of times within the pack." He responds, and I roll my eyes, kissing my daughter's cheek. "You stopped a war between species Mason, not a fight within the pack." I make very clear, making him smile a bit. "Where you going dada?" My little girl asks, grabbing my arm. "I'm going to go see aunt Bea. She called me and asked to hangout. I'll be back before you know it babydoll. And you," I say, pointing at my bestfriend, "Stop overthinking everything." I say, making him laugh before I take my leave.

***

My childhood bestfriend's door opens, and my smile soon fades, seeing the tears down her cheeks. And something in her hands. "What's wrong B?" I ask, and she lets me barge in, closing the door behind me, and pulling her close. And immediately she hugs me tight, sniffling into my chest. And I hold her just as tight, hating every bit of this.

Why is she crying? She releases me hesitantly, "You couldn't hate me right? No matter what, right?" She seems to ask, and I quirk, instantly shaking my head. "Nothing you could do could make me prefer a life without you Bea. Now tell me what's wrong." I say firmly, and as genuine as could be. She wipes her face and sniffles a bit more, and I can see just how nervous she is. What did she do?

"Tobias I-I . . . " She manages, and I cup her cheek, urging her to tell me. Her bottom lip quivers, and her hands shake, and she finally uncovers what she's been gripping onto. And hands it to me. And my heart drops. It's a . .  A pregnancy test.

More importantly, a positive pregnancy test. I look up at her, and she was slightly cringing, with a hand clasped over her mouth, awaiting my reaction. I'm gonna be a father . . . Again. "I-I know this is a t-terrible time, with all that's going on between you and Natasha, and y-you have Natalia to worry about already a-and-," - "Beatrice." I get her attention, given it's all over the place right now. And she obviously bites back her emotions, breathes, and focuses on me.

And to see her so nervous and scared because of me, hurts my heart. And I do what I know will calm her down, and pull her into my arms. At first, she was hesitant, but eventually, she hugs me, tighter than I hug her. I would hug her tighter but, I'm afraid I might hurt her. For the first time, by any female, I was told I'm gonna be a father.

The right way. I'm just about as happy as they come. "You're not . . . Mad?" She asks near my ear, and I shake my head. "Just the opposite actually." I tell her, thinking of my future child. Am I gonna have another daughter, or am I finally gonna get my son?

I think of Bea, pregnant, and I couldn't help but smile. "What about Natasha?" She asks, and it hits me like a truck. I release her a bit, and look into her eyes. Realizing exactly what I've done. "I don't know, actually." I say, honestly.

I truly don't know what I'm gonna do. It's obvious I'm falling for my bestfriend but, at the same time, flashes of my first love haunt me. My Tasha. "I don't want you feeling like you have to choose me now." She says, pulling away further. And as I come out the happy haze this pregnancy gave me, I agree.

I still don't know exactly who I want to be with. "And then how about I don't choose?" I ask, "For now." I add, and she quirks at first. All I can think about right now, is cuddling up next to her, and holding both her and my unborn child. Eventually, she starts smiling, making me smile. "Alright then. Just for now."

~Natalie's POV~

"Y'know, this isn't your best painting."

Leave me alone Marcin.