Chapter 49

~The next day~

-February 15th, Saturday-

~Tobias Jr's POV~

"What do you mean you can't find her??" My girlfriend yells at me, "I mean, I can't find her! I told her I'd play hide and seek and that was like, thirty minutes ago, and I still can't find he-," I cut myself of, looking up at my parents twenty foot tall ceiling. Straight at my three-year-old daughter. And as soon as I do, she bursts into laughter, using her hands and feet to press herself to the ceiling in a corner. "You poo-poo daddy!" She yells, and Natasha bursts into laughter. And before I could say anything, "Catch me!" She yells, letting go, and my heart drops.

And before Natasha could vamp jump and grab her, she freezes. Mid-air. I fall relieved, looking for my mother coming downstairs with a disappointed look on her face but, I shit bricks at the sight of my baby sister, holding my daughter with her mind. Are you fucking kidding me? "Holy fucking shit." I mutter, watching her lower her to the ground. Natasha and I look at one another, and then at Rosie, as she eats her multi-colored popsicle with the other hand, "What?" She asks, that baby lisp I cherished, gone.

"She said catch me." She simply says, walking away. And Natasha clears her throat, "I think you got a run for your money babe. Your sisters seeming pretty powerful for a seven year old." Tasha says, and I quirk. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask her, and I make her quirk. "Don't get all offensive, I'm just saying. She's reducing age, and moving things with her mind. That's all." She answers, rolling her eyes and laugh-scoffing a bit. "Sure." I mutter, and I get her attention as I pick up our little girl.

"What's your problem?" She asks, and I shake my head. "Nothing, just tired of hearing how great my sister is." I tell her, and she shakes her head. "Ooh babe," She starts, "don't do that." She says, and now I'm confused. "Do what?" I ask, and she stops in her tracks with our daughter. "Don't put this idea in your head where none of your siblings are ever gonna be more powerful than you. And you gotta think babe, you were born before your mother finalized and before she took your great-uncles abilities." She says, like those thoughts don't haunt me everyday.

"Forgive me if I refuse to believe the little people that came after me, are going to be better than me in the future." I tell her, and she rolls her eyes at me. "Alright, I'll be there to tell you I told you so." She says, hitting a nerve. "Will you though?" I ask, "cuz it seems you're only here half the time. The other half you're out doing god knows what." I add, and I watch her eyes do that mad-vampire-red-veiny shit. I've noticed, everytime I piss off my family in-law some way some how, their eyes turn completely red, like Iorian's. And the veins around their eyes, -probably due to the surge of blood into them-, fill and flow up into them. Continuously.

It also happens when they crave blood. "Do you not remember the pain I went through? To bring this child into the world? Tobias, it nearly killed me!" She yells at me, "And you know who's blood I had to drink in order to survive?" She asks, whooshing in front of me. "The blood of a meta-human boy I've been stupidly obsessed with. I've been weening myself off of your blood, and going hunting for animals with my family. You see, the best thing for Natalia right now, is for her mommy to learn how to not drain her daddy dry." She makes clear, and I feel so dumb. "Cuz right now Tobias," She pauses, and her fangs slip out, she swallows hard to make them go away, "That's all I wanna do." She adds, before whooshing out the front door with blood rolling down her cheeks.

***

~Natalie's POV~

"This was not part of the deal Natalie!" Tobias yells at me, "Yes it was, I just forgot to mention it, alright?" I tell him, and he scoffs. "If it makes you feel any better, I made the suggestion in exchange for her to have her little surrogate." Iorian says, as I gesture for him to come in. Tobias pinches the bridge of his nose. "You've gotta me fucking kidding me." He mutters, just as Iorian passes him into our living room. "'fraid not Tobias." He says, patting his shoulder. Just then, Tobias' grabs his forearm, and sends electricity through him. And before I could break anything up, Iorian switches it around, and bends his arm to the point his was about to snap. My husband groans in pain, "Iorian enough!" I yell, and just like that, he lets go of my husband with a push.