Chapter 38

~Three days later~

-December 29th, Wednesday-

~Tobias' POV~

"Daddy, I miss how mommy used to be." My little Nevaeh tells me while she lays her head on my lap. I tuck her curls behind her ear, "I do too sweetheart. Mommy just needs some time love." I tell her, and I admire how much she's starting to look like her mother. Speaking of her mother, I look up and I watch her pace back and forth in my den. Or erm, her den actually. We planned for her to take it over before she got kidnapped and, this version of her seems to remember that.

I reminisce how she made me give up my den and it makes me so upset. She sat on my lap and kissed me twelve times, once for every year I was alpha, before telling me she was taking over my den after we made the announcement. I miss that. I miss her. After she came from Candor's infirmary a few days ago, she greeted all of her kids like she used to, which gave me hope.

But, Liam told me not to get my hopes up, and I shouldn't have, given the next day she disregarded all of her kids, and for some reason, she's drowning herself in alpha work. And it's getting less and less hard to believe her power's controlling her. She wouldn't do any of this. She wouldn't avoid me and treat me like this, nonetheless treat her kids like this. Would she?

No. . . Right? I sigh, not knowing what to believe anymore. "For once, could you just shut the hell up?!" I hear her yell up there, and I quirk with my brother, given her yelling woke him up from his nap with one of his kids. I kiss my daughter's temple before having her lift up off my lap. I head upstairs, and I watch her pull her hair, obviously frustrated. I look around the room, "Who are you yelling at?" I ask, and she looks up at me annoyed, "No one." She answers simply, before shuffling through some paperwork.

I watch her pinch the bridge of her nose, before rubbing her temples. Letting me know she has a headache. I look at the veins on her arms and they were very bright, which instantly worries me. I head back downstairs to Alex, knowing all to well she's not gonna listen to a word I say. "Bro, wake up. Natalie's not using her abilities. I need you to get her to use them at least a little bit while I go talk to Liam." I tell him, and he gets up without complaint, "Don't gotta tell me twice." He says, heading up as I head out.

~Natalie's POV~

"Luckily, your daughter's are very attentive, the one with the compulsion is coming up to try and get you to use your abilities, just letting you know." Marcin tells me, and I sigh when I hear him enter. Thank you, and sorry for yelling at you earlier. I know I need to use them, and I will eventually just, not right now. I'm too busy. "Natalie, why aren't you using your abilities?" Alex asks me, and I roll my eyes.

"Because, I'm busy. I'll use them later." I tell him, "No, use them now." He says, looking into my eyes. I scoff, feeling his ability trying to tear through my invulnerability. "You would have an aneurysm way before you'd get through my ability so you might as well stop." I tell him, getting up real quick to put one of Tobias' notebooks back on the shelf. I instantly get light headed, and I lean onto the desk for balance. I get nauseous, and dizzy, and I brace myself, knowing exactly what's about to happen.

~Alexander's POV~

I watch her lean onto the desk, obviously out of it, and I step closer on impulse. She lets out a shaky breath and her nose starts bleeding, and I curse under my breath as I catch her. We fall to the floor, and I watch her eyes roll back as she starts thrashing very harshly, and I hold her arms down as best as possible. Oh my god, please don't die. Please don't die.

I remember back to when she kept my blood from pouring out of my neck, and I remember how her eyes screamed just how much she wanted me to be okay. And that's exactly what I want for her. I just want her to be okay. I imagine her doing something she always loved doing. Reading, painting, being a mother to her and our kids.