64

-September 24th, Tuesday-

~Tobias' POV~

She pulls me out of that main room and back out to ground level altogether. But once I hear her sniffling, I stop her. And regardless of how much it hurts me, I get those teary hazel eyes to look into mine. Tears fall from them as she tries to muster up some words, "I-I . . ." She manages, "I hate him." She cries, and I instantly know who she's talking about. "With e-every fiber of my being Noel," Her eyes flicker, "I hate him." She repeats, clenching her fists.

"I h-hate my brother." She says, now as if she couldn't believe her own words. "I loathe my own flesh and blood and yet," She pauses, cringing, "I can't stop thinking about the moment we h-had," She chokes up, "And how I-I helped him put his h-handprint on our nursey door." She weeps, breaking my heart. I know she was mad at me at the time but, I remember that day. And how we all caught her and Liam having that moment. "His powers gone straight to his head a-and I just can't do it anymore. I can't act like I can tolerate him anymore. N-Not after this." She says firmly, soon after, shaking her head.

"But how can I disown my little brother? How can I go against the very saying I reinvented and the saying I stand by faithfully?" She asks, and at this point, I don't care about Liam's plan. Not to mention, a plan I'm only allowed to know the bare mininum of. But as of yesterday, when it comes to talking to my woman about her little brother, I need to, -as he said-, tread lightly. But, I just . . . I can't care right now. By all means, I am going to help with this plan.

Given my woman inside of that mind told me to. But, to see just a version of her in a wreck of sobs because of him kills me. And I'm supposed to pay attention to my words? Whether what I say next messes up what he's got going on or not, I'm saying what I want to say. Sue me William.

"You do it by focusing on just how much he's tore and stomped on that saying himself. Whatever would apparently happen without him and his ability can't possibly be worth your guys relationship and yet, he's treating it like it is." - "And if it is?" She asks, kinda catching me off guard. "And if it is," I say, "It still calls for an apology from him. Multiple apologies in fact. Regardless of his motives. Plus, the motherfucker knew what he was getting himself into. He knows your gonna hate him for this Natalie. He knows everything. So, don't be afraid to hurt his feelings, given he's never been afraid to hurt yours." I tell her, and I make her pout. "Ugh, I-I know, y-you're right. I just . . ." She pauses, "I'm not like him Noel. I can't just hurt family like it's nothing." - "Then how about you don't?" I ask, making her quirk. "Let's go home. And while you're getting a nice warm bath ready for the both of us," I say, making that smile peek out, "I'll tell your brother off and take Jaden to his father's. And I'll even have Jameson void me to and from so I get back before the tub's anywhere close to full. How does that sound?" I suggest, and she sighs, just gazing into my eyes. I give her a goofy grin, making her laugh, "What on earth would I do without you?" - "Probably explode." I joke, making her laugh even more so.

***

~Alexander's POV~

"Come on babe, this is something we should be happy about." I hear, and I sigh, looking into her eyes. "I'm back to normal love. And I'm finally home." She says, pouting, and she brings a nod out of me. "You're right, you're absolutely right. It's just," - "It's just nothing, you hear? This is a good thing. No more worrying, at least for today. I'm fine now. We're fine now. Okay?" She cuts me off with, and I sigh, falling even further in love with my optimistic woman. I kiss her, giving her my answer. "Mom! Dad!" I hear, and we pull away to our daughter running in here.

"Eva stole my phone and now she won't give it back!" My pretty girl cries, at the brink of tears. "Eva! Come here please." I call her, and I couldn't help but smile when I hear her 'hmph' just like her mother does. She inches her way into the room, her messy curls basically hiding her face. She stops half-way into the room with her eyes glued to the floor. "Eva did you take your sister's phone?" I ask, "No." - "She's a goddamn liar! Yes she did!" - "I didn't take it, you let me use it and then you called me a stupid bitch and I hid it! Retard!" - "Hey now, none of that!" I raise my voice, and my girl's fizzle, staring daggers at one another.