Chapter 34

~Five years later~

-December 12th, Monday-

~Natalie's POV~

"Mwommy can you tie my shoes?" My princess asks me after tugging on my sleeve, and I squat down happily. I tie her shoes, and look up at her and fix her little brown bangs. I can't believe how old she's getting. She's already six-years-old, and she's just about ready for her very first day of kindergarten. I fix her cute little dress, and I go to grab her new backpack, and I see someone's dirty old skateboard on it.

I fizzle a bit, "Tobias Noel Eaton Junior! Get your ass down here now!" I yell, and I hear my son suck his teeth and curse under his breath upstairs, "What ma?" He asks as he gets down here, and I'm taken a back. Did I act this way when I was sixteen? "Don't you what me. Get your dirty old skateboard off your little sister's new backpack this instant." I tell him, and he sighs, grabs his board, and rolls his eyes before heading back upstairs with it. Oh hell no. "Oh fuck no, get your ass back down here young man." I say, and he sucks his teeth harder.

He comes back down, and I snatch his board, looking him up and down. My curly brown hair, my freckles, my dimples and yet, he looked just like his father. I smirk at him, "Now go get your shoes on and take your sister to school, since you wanna give me attitude this morning." I tell him, and he sucks his teeth again, and heads upstairs, "Fucken stupid." I hear him mutter, and I scoff, "And since it's so fucken stupid, when you get back, you can think about how fucken stupid it is in this house! You're grounded until I say so!" I yell, and I hear him coming back down, "That's not fair! I have plans today, and just because I'm a little upset about being woken up, I get fucking grounded? What kind of shit is that?" He kinda yells back at me, and I can already hear my husband coming. "Why the fuck do I hear you yelling and cussing at your mother?" He comes downstairs asking, "Because, she's grounding me for basically fucking nothing! I have shit to do today, I seriously cannot get grounded right now." He expresses, and other than his new sense of cussing, I notice something about my son. "I know school's out for today but, what exactly do you have planned?" I ask, and just like that, my son shuts down.

"Nothin', never mind." He mutters, and tries to head back upstairs with a pout but, his father stops him. "Never mind my ass, you gotta tell us where you're going anyways so, tell us." My husband tells him, and our son sighs. "If I tell you, you're not gonna let me go anyways so, can I just go get my shoes on?" He asks, and I shake my head, noticing the blush on my son's face. "You're not moving from that spot until we know what's up." I say, and he rolls his eyes, "Fine, Bea helped me set a up a date with this girl, okay?" He comes clean, and my husband and I widen our eyes at each other. "But it's whatever, I'm a year too young right?" He says and asks, trying to leave again, and this time, I stop him with my ability.

He looks at me, and I point to the ground in front of me. He plants himself where I pointed, and I look into my son's eyes. "What's this girl's name?" I ask, and he rubs the back of his neck, "Natasha, Natasha Rowan." He says, obviously trying hard not to smile. "Do you like this girl back?" I ask next, and he avoids my eyes, before nodding. "Something like that." He mutters, and I make him look up at me with a finger underneath his chin.

And the moment I looked into his differently colored eyes, I knew. My sons in love. I smile, "You're in love with her, aren't you?" I ask, and he tried to suppress his smile, which gave me my answer. "Aww my babies in lovveee." I couldn't help but say, and I hug him, or, at least try to. "Ma stawwpp it. It's not that big'a deal." He says sucking his teeth again, trying to peal me off of him.

My husband scoffs, "It is a big deal actually, and watch, I'll even prove it to you." He says, "If we told you, you couldn't see her, would you still see her anyways?" My husband asks, and our son hesitates to answer, giving us our answer. "Exactly. Now, when can we meet her?" He asks, and our son looks at us funny. "I thought you guys said I couldn't date until I was seventeen?" He asks, and I nod. "We did say that, given that's the age we both started dating but," I pause, pinching my sons cheek, "If you're in love with her, trying to stop you is just gonna make you wanna be with her more. And anyways you're sixteen, seventeen's just around the corner." I explain, and my husband agrees. "You're mother's right. We'd rather let you do what you want, than have you trying to sneak around us. But when I say that, I mean when it comes to finding someone you wanna be with for the rest of your life. You're not gonna be like my brother when he was young, having girls running in and out of this apartment like clockwork and such." His father explains, and I couldn't agree more.