61

-September 13th, Friday-

~Later that day~

~Tobias' POV~

I enter the pit, and I spot who I'm looking for. "Junior!" I call out, and he turns around, and I smile a bit when he doesn't frown on sight of me. He walks over and I meet him halfway, "What's up?" He asks, "We gotta talk." - "You believe me now, I know." He says, and I'm taken my surprise. H-How did he? He sees my confusion, "Liam." He says, and now I'm really surprised. And disturbed.

It can never be good when my wife's little brother is involved. "Look dad," he says, and I couldn't help but smile, "there's something I need to tell you." He says, and I'm conflicted with how fidgety my son is. "I'm right. I'm completely and one hundred percent right. Liam showed me Alex complusing himself in that bathroom." He says, and I grow so unbelievably upset. My own fucking brother. I thought I could trust him again.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, taking a minute to calm down. I have to realize, he complused himself. He complused himself to love Vanessa, and not Natalie. Why? I want to know why.

Scratch that, I need to know why. "Did he mention how to snap the son-of-a-bitch out of it?" I ask, and he nods. And I grow uneasy with how much information Liam's just dishing out. "Alex made it to where only mom can break him out of it. She needs to tell him she uh," he pauses, and I raise my eyebrow, "She's in love with him too. And she has to actually mean it." He says, and I scoff like I've never scoffed before. Are you fucking kidding me?

I pace a bit, feeling my adrenaline spike, "And it's the only way?" I ask, and he nods. "The only way." He says, and cracks his knuckles, letting me now he's nervous. He always used to do that be before he left home. "And uh," he manages, "T-There's more." He says, and I furrow my eyebrows, "More? What more could there possibly be? My brother basically trapped himself in his own mind because he's in love with my wife." I ask, running a hand through my hair. And I stop pacing, leaning up against a wall. And I finally see my son.

He was getting teary eyed, right in front of me, and I stop leaning.  "Junior, what is it?" I ask, and he clenches his jaw. "He's n-not the only one trapped inside their mind dad." He says, and the fact that he's crying points to who it is. My eyes widen but, I refused to believe it. There's no way.

I would've noticed. She's my fucking wife. How could I not notice? He wipes his tears, "it's mom dad." He says, and I turn away, growing teary eyed myself. Fuck! But immediately, I suck it up, realizing I wanna know everything.

"Tell me why first." I say, and he swallows hard. "She heard him dad. She heard him complusing himself in that fucking bathroom, and Liam knew what would happen if she stopped him so, he stopped her." He says, and I can't believe this. This can't be real. I-I . . . I just got her back. "And how?" I ask, awaiting his answer.

He hesitates, "You're not gonna like this dad." - "Too late, I already don't like it, now tell me." I say, and he sighs. "Liam gave mom the idea to have Damon compluse her to not care about Alex complusing himself, and to care about you more. And to also believe the first thing that came out of his mouth after you stuck him with the truth serum. And since his complusion made him lie through the truth serum, mom's complusion is based off his complusion." He explains, and I can feel my eyes burning bright. I want my wife un-complused. I want that vampire dead. And I want my brother to snap out it.

Purely so he can understand exactly why I'm beating his ass. "I'm guessing you have a plan?" I ask my son, knowing him all to well. He nods, but the lack of determination and haste in it worries me. "Yeah, do nothing." He says, and I quirk. Soon realizing what's going on.