Chapter 18

~Vanessa's POV~

"No matter what it seems like, you have to hold on to hope. And never let go."  I remember hearing Tobias tell me. And ever since he did tell me that, I've regained some kind of faith for the survival of my marriage. I feel like he will choose me. My husband will choose me, right? There's not just me to think about when coming to a decision. There's also his brother to think about.

If he chooses Natalie, he'll lose Tobias as a brother completely, no matter if Natalie doesn't choose him in return. He just has to choose me, so life can go back to the way it used to be. Me with my husband, and his brother with my girl-bestfriend. That's how it's supposed to be, regardless of these three little unplanned babies. Given before this four-way relationship fiasco, Alex told me how he felt about his kids with Natalie, and how they'll never have a happy home, like Violet does.

And even though I broke it down to him, explaining how that is exactly what comes with accidental babies like his and Nat's, and all he did was roll his eyes. He loves those babies. Most likely more than he loves our Violet. But the part of me that loves him completely, doesn't want to accept that. The part of me that loves him completely, which would basically be all of me, doesn't want to accept any of this!

I want my man back. I want what we had back. When we were just dating. When he'd place cute little notes in places he'd know I'd find them in. When he'd play with my hair whenever he wanted me to lay on his chest.

I even miss feeding his reptile babies! I just want my husband back, what does a woman have to do to get that?! I look outside my brother-in-laws balcony sliding glass door, watching the rain fall. And then it hits me. I know exactly what to do! And I know exactly when to do it.

~Alexander's POV~

I open my last present, which was Natalie's, since she wouldn't let me open it until I opened everybody else's presents. I see that's it's a blue bracelet; a navy blue rastaclat. And I love it immensely. I put it on, and she tightens it for me, and I see that she has a matching one on her wrist, right along side her other bracelets. I look at it closely and I see it has our triplets initials on a oval charm dangling.

"I got this for you because, I want you to always know, no matter what happens," She pauses, "you'll always be my boy-bestfriend. And that, nothing is gonna keep me from raising these triplets; our triplets." She adds, and I'm so heart warmed. I pull her into me, hugging her tight, and she hugs me back just the same. "Thank you Nat." I tell her, "You're welcome Zander." She responds, and I kiss her cheek. But when I do, I can't help but catch my wife leaving with intent. And thus, follows my brother, with a few things in his arms.

And I can't help but feel neglected. I mean, it's my birthday. Why did they just ... leave? It's like ... they don't care. Is this how it's gonna be like?

Living the life I want with Natalie? I mean, I always knew things would change with the both of them but, this isn't sitting right with me. Why isn't this sitting right with me? Is it just because I feel like the world needs to revolve around me on my birthday or is this really how I feel? I want Natalie.

I want my triplets to have a mother and a father that love each other. This is what I want. Right? "What's wrong?" I hear Natalie ask me, knocking me out of my thoughts. I look down at her, and that alone made these feelings fade away.

"Oh nothin', just thinking about how old I am." I run with, making her laugh a bit. "Don't worry, so far, you only got one leg in the ground." She jokes, and I laugh-scoff and suck my teeth. I quickly pick her up, and throw her over my shoulder, "Ahh!" She yelps, "Alexander! Put me down this instant!" - "Negative, joke was too mean, apology required." I say like a robot, carrying her around, making her laugh some more. I notice that her heels fell off, "Okay okay, I'm sorry!" She says, and I put her down. "Sorry that you're old." She thus says, running away, up her staircase. I smile, and chase after her.