58

~September 5th, Thursday~

~Tobias Jr's POV~

"You know, in many ways, you're a lot like your father." - "I know. Which is why you're gonna tell me what I want to know." I respond, and the vampire laughs, holding my little brother close. Jaden reaches for me, and I take him as I walk next to his father. "There's nothing to know Junior." - "So I'm guessing my mother wouldn't mind finding out about you slipping a little bit of O- in someone's baby bottle, huh?" I retort, stopping the vampire in his tracks. He looks to me damn near bewildered as he begins to squint. Probably wondering as to how I found out.

"I had a hunch, and I took one of Jaden's old bottles and had Jefferson run a couple of tests." I make clear, and the vampire clenches his jaw. "Tell me what my psychic uncle has planned, and your secrets safe with me." - "I think you've underestimated just how much I know young man." He comes back at me with, having a malicious look on his face. And I quirk. "You're not telling your mother anything." - "And what makes you so sure of that?" - "The fact I'm about to distract you from it. The fact that, your daughter's mother swapped spit and then some with the same son-of-a-bitch that sodomized your mother and also put a tiny red beam rigghttt," he says, slowly leading his pointer finger to the center of my forehead, "Here." He pokes my forehead, and I clench my jaw so hard, it feels like my teeth are gonna snap. "Those facts, along with the fact your father was the first one to find out about it, is exactly what makes me think that." He adds, and I feel my eyes flicker as I look down the A corridor.

He takes my little brother from me, "Now run to daddy, little boy. And maybe you'll think twice about trying to blackmail me."

***

"Tobias! Where the fuck are you!" I yell, slamming the door behind me. And being in this house again, gives me bad chills. I see my dad's keys on the key hook. "I know you're here, I can see your keys hanging up! Why the fuck is that vampire telling me Natasha Rowan, -my Natasha-, fucked Warren Pine?! And that you were the first one to know about it!??" I yell, coming into the seemingly empty house. I head into the living room, no one.

Dead silence. I head for the kitchen, "I swear to God he better be lying about that last part bec-" and I cut my self off abruptly, seeing a broken glass on the floor of the kitchen. And all hard-feelings with my father vanish, seeing him unconscious on the floor. I run over and turn him over, using my enhanced vision on him. And my heart drops seeing his has stopped.

And instantly I start CPR, having my mind run a million miles per hour. It's just me and my dad here. Fuck! Why didn't I memorize Dauntless' emergency lines! I hear no other heartbeats in this house. I levitate my phone out of my pocket, and I call the only person I can think of right now.

My mother.

~Natalie's POV~

"Caleb please, the phones are gifts enough." - "Nonsense, I'm having two of everything delivered to your apartment door as of today. You and that hus-erm, I mean," He pauses, "You and Tobias made this possible Natalie. And I will continue to express my gratitude." He says, walking me out the doors of Erudite. I'm leaving a bit early, and I claimed alpha duties. But, in actuality, I can't think straight. My ex-husband is clouding my mind and having people I know, and maybe even the whole city know just how dysfunctional my love-life is, is kinda killing me here.  "Thank you Caleb, for everything really, I don't think-," Just then, I'm cut off by the sound of my phone ringing, and I excuse myself. It's my eldest, and I answer. "Yes baby?" - "Ma, h-he's not breathing." My heart drops. And I can hear he's out of breath, "I-I found him in the kitchen passed out, and h-he's not breathing!" He says, and all signs point to the obvious. But I refuse to believe it. "W-Who's not breathing?" I ask, "Dad! It's dad, mom! P-Please come h-home." My baby cries, and time. stands. still.