62

~Almost two weeks later~

-September 23rd, Monday-

~Damon's POV~

"Daddy, I miss mommy." My son says, and my seemingly cold and dead heart, wrenches. I sigh. "You don't haf to go daddy auntie Sabine can take me to her." My son tells me, and I shake my head. "Auntie Sabine's not ready to go out into the world just yet my son. And anyways, I need to be the one to take you to her. In my eyes, your mother and I are the only ones powerful enough to protect you. And maybe one other person but, I'm not too sure just yet." I tell him, having a certain someone cross my mind, and he pouts further. "Daddy, are you afrwade of mommy?" My son thus asks, taking me by surprise.

But given I've already told him why we're not seeing his mother just yet, I figure I can't lie to my son now, "Just between you and me?" I ask, and he nods. "I'm not afraid of mommy," I say, "I'm afraid of what mommies gonna think. Not to mention, what she's gonna do." I tell him, and I can just see the hinges turning in his head. "You mean because she found out about you putting bwud in my bottles when I was wittle?" He asks, and sometimes, it really feels like I'm having an entire conversation with a little adult. I nod, "By doing that son, I might have destroyed any chance of you being purely meta-human. And if not that, it makes it seem like I didn't want you to be a combination of us. When I whole heartedly did. I hurt her. So, either way, your mother is not going to be pleased with me." I tell him, looking away.

And for a minute, it's silent. "Then say sowwy daddy." I hear, and I look back over at him. "What?" I ask, not completely sure if I heard him right. "Say sowwy. You tell me to say sowwy to Natalia when I hurt her, and then be really nice to her afterwards. So do dat wif mommy." My son tells me, and his words hold something over me. Guilt. I teach my son to do things I don't even abide by.

"It's not that simple when you're an adult my prince. Although, it should be. So promise me you won't be like daddy, and that you'll keep saying sorry when needed. Keep being you my son." I ask of him, standing up and picking him up as well. And he nods, "I promise daddy." He says, and I take him towards his room for nap time.

***

~Liam's POV~

"Liam are you serious?? Today's a no vision day, like you promised." - "I know my love, I know. But there's something I need to do. I will make it up to you tenfold. You know I will." I say, grabbing my keys and kissing all three of my sons cheeks, before kissing my wife's. "I want two days to myself now, William! Two days!" I hear her yell making me laugh as I head out the door. And I start sprinting down my apartments corridor. He's coming. Right now.

Which entrance is gonna come through? And I sieve through my mind as I run. And I see little feet walking in the sunlight, yet there's cement underneath those kid sized converse. The pit. And I make a right, seeing the east entrance of the pit far ahead. And I run like somebodies chasing me.

Stopping people in their tracks for coming out of intersections. And I made sure to go so fast, nobody could recognize me. And I burst through those doors, spotting exactly who I'm looking for. Jaden Sean Baudelaire. His father put him down for a nap about an hour ago.

And his vampire hideout is literally miles away from Dauntless. Regardless of him being half vampire, he's still a five-year-old little boy. And I watch him, following him, and being sure not to be seen by him. I can't neccesarily help him find my sister. But I can make sure no one fucks with him on his way.

Speaking of which, this guy. Aaron Jones. Level two sex offender. Locked up for fifteen years for diddling little boys. And I literally watch the guy lock onto my nephew, walking alone.