Chapter 15

~A week later~

-September 21st, Saturday-

~Alex's POV~

I knock and unlock my brother and sister-in-laws door, walking in. And yes, I had them replicate one of their keys, since my babies live and mainly sleep here. "Natalie? Tobias?" I call out, and then suddenly, I see the most shocking sight. I watch my brother, come out the kitchen, spinning my daughter and one of my son's around. With Natalie behind him with my other son, also spinning.

Besides Violet, he's never held any of my kids before! I drop my keys, along with my jaw. Tobias sees me, and so does Natalie, and I can't stop myself from smiling. Regardless of the fact that they had to've had a moment together, with my kids. My brothers holding and playing with my kids.

After nine months of them being born, he's finally trying harder at being in their lives and accepting this. "Dada!" I hear all my kids say as soon as they notice my arrival as well. I come over with the biggest smile on my face, "Do my eyes deceive me? My brother, holding and spinning my babies?" I ask, and I make Natalie and my brother laugh. I try to take my daughter from him and he pulls her away, turns and hands me my youngest instead, and I look at him crazy while I kiss my other babies cheeks. "Ooo Babe, you better give Eva over, even though I don't like when either of you play favorites, she's his favorite." Natalie tells Tobias, and he smirks, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Well, it looks like you've got competition now. Your daughter loves me man. I'm just too good with kids, admit it." He says, and I hug my son,  squinting daggers at my brother as my daughter lays her head on his shoulder while he held her. "You got seven years on me, of course you're good with kids. Doesn't mean you're gonna steal my Angie from me though." I tell him, and he winks at me, and I make that 'I'm watching you' gesture. "Calm down you two, she can love you both. Meanwhile, this little sweetheart in my arms might just steal me away from the both of you." Natalie says, and I watch my first son pucker his lips for a kiss from her, over and over. I remember when she taught him that. "Definitely a momma's boy. But uh, before I forget, your mom ran into Vanessa and she took your kids for the day so, if you wanna see them, they're with her at our apartment." I tell the both of them, and they both quirk at each other. Just like I quirked at her when I first saw that they were in our apartment earlier.

She's never voluntarily took my niece and nephews before, only when they used to ask for her and-or both of us to watch them. I asked her why she took them, and she told me she wanted them to spend time with Violet. Tobias kisses my daughters cheek, and hands her over to her mother. "I'm gonna go stop by and see them, since my mother has had them for three days." He says, and my brother kisses the woman I love right in front of me, and she kisses him back. Apart of her may love me, but a bigger part of her loves him.

That's all she's known, for nearly eight years, is him. She told me she's never been with another man other than him, not even a small boy-toy back in amity. And I wanna change that. I wanna show her what could be, with me. I want to be the one she kisses, to be the one she wakes up with every morning.

I wanna show her there's more than just my brother, and I want her to choose me. And I have a feeling I might just get my chance, since it's seeming like my brother has taken an interest into my own wife. I'm not sure if this is just apart of his acceptance process, since Naye is the only other person who can relate to how he feels about these babies but, I'm definitely suspicious of another possibility. He might've developed feelings for her, or maybe he just wants to fuck her but, either way, that's definitely something Natalie should know about. Given her feelings for me.

"Kiss them for me, and make sure they know I miss them, since they chose their grammie and then their aunty over being with me. Rid them with guilt." Natalie says, I laugh a bit at her pouty and mad expression. Tobias laughs a bit too, "Will do babe." He says, picking up and tossing me my keys with a smile, before taking his leave. I catch them with one hand, and I'm not too sure but, I could've sworn I saw him wink right before shutting the door behind him. Natalie may not see it yet, but, I sure as hell do. I know my brother, I know him. He's working an angle with both me and her, and I can see it in his eyes. And until just now, it was working. I was so happy at the fact my brother was actually playing with my kids, rather than resenting them. But now, I'm at least, eighty-five percent sure that he's playing us. "What's wrong?" Natalie asks me coming over, I stare at the front door. I shake my head, getting out of my thoughts. "Nothing, at least," I pause, "Nothing yet."