Chapter 29

-December 1st, Friday-

~Natalie's POV~

Liam offers his hands again, and both Vanessa and I take them. He heals all of our wounds, and that's when I see my husband and his brother approaching us. "Did we just see you two hug?" Alex asks, and Vanessa nods. "You sure did. Believe it or not but, we're good now." She says, and I agree with her, "You two were right, that definitely needed to happen. I don't know about you guys but, I'm ready to finally put all of what happened between the four of us, to bed. I truly just, never want to think or hear about it again." I say and all three of them agree with me.

"I don't even need to read your minds to know all four of y'all feel as stupid as you look." My older brother comes in between Tobias and I saying. "Watch it mind reader, before I put your business out there." Vanessa warms my brother, and I grow curious. "You have dirt on my flesh and blood? Oh do tell." I say and she pulls me away from my siblings and our husbands.

~Tobias' POV~

I watch Vanessa pull my wife away to go talk and I smile. But for some reason, I find myself thinking back to when Natalie nearly lost it. The look, on her face. The hatred and pain in her eyes.

And I caused that. I kissed Vanessa before she kissed Alex, therefore I was unfaithful first. And what she said, 'Saving your life you conclusive, spiteful, two-bit whore!' Although an immaculate comeback to what Vanessa had asked, she was serious. So serious that she needed a good reason not to kill her, to control her emotions, and her abilities. And that reason was given to her by non other than my brother, that of which showed just how much my wife cares about him.

But her almost losing control of her abilities shows me just how much she cares about me too. I get it now. She's in love with me enough to nearly kill, and she loves him enough to reel herself back in. "So bro, who do you think won that?" My brother asks me, and I shake my head. "Does it matter? Look at them, as thick as thieves now." I decide to say, even though we both know who won that fight.

"But it's no mystery who won that Alex. But I thinks it's best we not argue about this while their over their getting back to normal again." I add, smirking. "Yeah you're right, but bro," my brother starts, "Things will never be the same again, it'll get close but, it'll never be like it was before I had my kids." He says, and I realize he's right. And that's because, "It's not supposed to be. We all bounced back from something normal people wouldn't think twice about cutting ties because of. Something's gotta give." Alex says, and I nod. "Believe it or not," I start, "I'm glad they're here." I tell him, "All of them." I add, making it clear I'm thankful for not only my niece from Vanessa, but my niece and nephews from my own wife. My step-children.

He smiles at me, "Me too." He says, and he laughs a bit, "Tell me why I just realized my kids are your step-kids." He says, still laughing, and I laugh at how slow my brother is. He won't be laughing when he tells his kids no and they come running to me for a yes. And it was like he read my mind, "Wait... my kids are your step-kids." He says to himself, and it was my turn to laugh. I'm gonna be the coolest step-dad in this building so, in a sense, that leaves all the discipline to him. "They better not like you more than me, I'll be damned." He says seriously, and I just laugh as his wife pulls him away to go talk.

I spot my wife head into the kitchen, and I quirk following after her. "Babe you okay?" I ask her, and she sips her bottle of water nodding, and I saw how her body language change when I walked in. "Are we... good?" I ask her carefully, and she looks at me this certain way. In disbelief of something. She nods, knocking herself out of it, "Yeah it's just uhh," She says, trailing off, "It's just what?" I ask, severely curious as to why she acting like this with me.