Goro Takemura - Corpo Rat.

(Incase you needed help pronouncing his name its Tak-eh-mura, idk why but just a thought yaknow)

Your POV.

I sit atop the crane as the winds brush past my hair. The binoculars in my hands pressed hard against my eyes, watching the Arasaka trucks enter the compound over the bridge.

Hearing movement behind me, pulling my gun on whoever was sneaking.

It was Takemura, finally.

"You're late, not like you" I say lowerong my gun as he lifts his brow.

"I guess you do not want this then?" He says with a cheeky smirk, going into his pocket and pulling out a packed sandwhich.

I chuckle at him and take it unwrapping it gingerly.

"Dang, secret sauce and all, you know me well~"

"You wouldnt shut up about it yesterday" he says sipping on a cup of coffee, peering out towards the compound.

"Have you made any assumption on how you are getting in?" He questions with steel eyes.

"A few, see anything interesting on your climb?"

He didnt answer me, completely focused on the building we were preparing to storm. He looked terrified for once.

"Are you alright?" I pry as he finally notices me, breaking from his stern focus.

Looking down into his gloved hands.

"I have no home, no title, barely eating and I'm on the run...how do you think?"

"Geez, you act like its abnormal for half that shit to happen...you do know where we are right"

"You have no right to mock me...you know nothing"

And with that he turns his back to me.

Sighing with defeat, I turn the convo back to the mission.

"Theres only 2 entrances in, and being Arasaka the place is littered with rats so I'm gonna try to not be seen...can you cover me?"

"Yes...what do you mean by that?" He questioned. Looking at me with a pensive gaze.

I couldnt find a reasonable answer, Corpos just make me angry, apart from Goro at least.

"I dont mean anything by it...Corpos been beating people like me since day one...while it praised people like Yorinobu...a kin killer" I snapped.

Placing the food down so i could turn to Takemura with my full attention.

"I too believe Yorinobu is a traitorous cur...but without Arasaka I would be dead in some slum...is that what you would prefer?" He interrogates me.

We usually dont see eye to eye but the past few days have been different, we went from hating each other, to unlikely friends...to something else, a different tension.

But he still thinks im some no good street kid in it for the money.

"And what about you huh? Ever since you joined Arasaka I bet youve had a cloud in your head, inflating that Corpo ego of yours"

"It wasnt about my ego you fool-"

"No it definitely was Goro , you were high and mighty as Saburo's body guard, its why you clung to it...admit it"

There was an unpleasant silence between us, and neither knew how it could be ended. I get hes cautious, but at this point I'm all hes got.

"(Y/N)...it was all I had ever known, the streets are the same for you...i do not want to fight with you"