Nightwing - The Bat and The Owl Part 2.

Your POV.

It had been a few good nights of silence from the knights of Gotham. They had been quick and elusive in their mission to locate Harleen Quinzel and apprehended her without issue, but looking at the screen in front of me I see that Freeze and his Regulator lackeys were breaking out the exact moment Harley was shoved in the cop cruiser.

I knew an opening would show itself if I gave it a little more time, but that was not a luxury I could afford in the depths of the nest.

Gathering whatever I need, I pass by the weapons room and peer in curiously, the sweat sticking to the inside of my mask with anticipation and nervousness. Taking a quick reprieve from my thoughts I surge forward and snatch up a pistol, holstering in beneath my left armpit in a holster over my suit. With little time to waste I bolt, speeding through the cavernous hallways and regal looking rooms coated in Court regalia and artefacts. Finding the hidden elevator in the corner of the last room, the password a melody on the piano, a few notes after and I was soaring back to the surface, hoping to death that I wasn't seen.

The fresh air outside was a relief, tipping the chin of my mask slightly to let it wash over my face with a deep breath before placing it back over. The second I head for the alley to get into my car, a loud whistle cuts me off and something pierces the top of the car. Sticking out was a batarang, accented with blues and whites.

I crane my neck up and see him, hanging his leg lazily off the edge of the brick building with a knowing smirk on his lips.

"This car wasn't cheap!" I lash him with a frustrated tone, prying the batarang from my car and observing it in my hand, he expertly finds his way down to me and snatches it from my fingers.

He chuckles and pockets his toy. "Turns out that tape you gave us had some serious dirt...you aren't playing around huh?"

"This is the Court of Owls we're talking about, I never play when it comes to those monsters" I reply, opening my car door and welcoming him to join me.

"Sweet ride, you gonna introduce me?" He asks, looking at it with an intrigue, it was a mustang but I certainly wasn't going to give him anything for free.

"I bought it, I'm not obsessed with it~" I start climbing in to the drivers seat, he props down in the open window, his entire body language so chill and laid back than the last time we spoke.

"Actually, the gang think you could offer some more of that espionage charm you're so good at~" He says, his pristine teeth nearly blinding me in his toothy grin.

"I am pretty good at it, if you're nor going to hop in then make sure you follow...there's something I need to show you" there was a pause as he waits for me to try and slip up on the innuendo, but it never comes.

"Keep up" A smirk and a wave, the car starts to life as I drive off into the night without him, it didn't take long for him to catch on my left side. His vehicle was like a bike, futuristic and multi-limbed at its front wheel, stable and agile when it turns and rears. He salutes me and drops back behind my car as i lead him up to the Northern island.

It didn't take long in this dead of night, the city never slept but the roads were far less crowded at 3 in the morning. We arrived at the halfway broken bridge, just underneath was a secret entrance that lead down into the catacombs.

I park my car with swift effort and his bike disappears into thin air like it never existed.

"So, what's that thing you wanted t show me?"

"Down here, don't lag now Nightstink~" I leap over the fence of the bride and land on the water channel beneath.

"Rude, thought you knew me better than that, I never stink~"