Tommy Miller - Sniper.

(Heyo! So, ive put off writing for a few months and ive been rarely active, or just not writing/updating anything. 2020 knocked the wind and creative freedom from my lungs and i lost all motivation. But heres hoping i get the mojo back)

Your POV.

"You even paying attention?"

I break from my thoughts and look up, Tommy stood there with an amused grin on his face.

"No....yeah, definitely not" I joke catching up to him, passing colourful trees painted in rustic reds and oranges.

I love doing rounds this time of year, its always pretty...Shame ive got chatterbox Tommy in my left ear.

"Well, nows your chance to actually give a shit...you got any manly advice I can have?" He asks as i grimace in his direction.

"Do i look like someone who has good 'manly-advise'?" I sarcastically quote as i laugh to myself.

"Well yeah, you always have a- um...whats the- aw hell i dont fucking know i just need your opinion!" He pleads straying ahead towards the cliffside.

A nearby gas station lay on the mountain side across from us on our trail. Pulling out his rifle and aiming at the station, hitting a metal sign with quick shot.

A clang echoed through the little valley like area as infected swarm out of their hiding places, the gas station soon littered with the monsters.

Then, oddly enough, hands me the rifle.

"Go ahead, I wanna see if youre as good as me~"

"Im shocked, you dont let anyone touch your scope" I say, happily examining it, weighing it out as I peer into the scope.

I bite my lip in anticipation, lining up my shot on a skittish clicker.

"Gotcha" I say, pulling the trigger, blood spurting from its head.

But to our surprise, the bullet ricocheted of the car behind, straight into the head of the other clicker.

I pull the scope away from my eye and wheeze with laughter as Tommy sits there, mouth agape.

"Well shit, looks like you can aim" he says taking the rifle back as i wipe my eyes from tears.

"Ill never make a shot like that again" i chuckle, moving on with him, then i remember he wanted my help.

"So whats this manly advice you want from me?" I ask as he clears his throat.

"I uh...got in fight with Maria, said she couldnt take the pressure of..." he cuts himself short, but it wasnt hard to realise it was big enough to split them.

"Shit, im sorry Tommy...god im a bad friend for missing that"

"Naw i think...it was for the best" he mutters to himself, walking ahead.

I nod to him as we carry on towards the building where Joel and Ellie were waiting. Something kept bugging me though.

Not sure what it was.

We stroll in to see the two just sitting in silence, an awkward atmosphere we werent expecting to walk into.

After a minute, Tommy speaks up.

"Hey Joel, why dont you go to that music store with Ellie, you said she needed new strings right?"

Ellies eyes light up as Joel nods, getting up from his seat.

"Come on Ellie" he says as me and Tommy sit in the seats they were in, getting on their horses and leaving.

Kicking my feet up on the table, Tommy grabs the guitar and strums mini melodies, it was peaceful and bliss.