Joel Miller - On Patrol PT1.

(Ive finished the last of us part 2 and thoroughly enjoyed so as last time ill still write occasionally on this book, dont worry i wont spoil much but if you haven't played i highly recommend you dont read this)

Your Pov.

The morning was crisp in Jackson today, snow edging my window sill.

Its been a hefty few days since that girl and her friend rescued me from a pack of clickers.

What was their names again?

I cant remember.

Knock knock knock.

My head lifts from my pillow to my window, my front door being knocked on.

Shit, i forgot they were putting me on patrol today.

I leap out of bed and open the window in a rush bearing my chest to the cold.

I shiver and look out, seeing a man standing there at the door, i saw him with the girl that saved me yesterday.

"Sorry ill just be a minute!" I say covering myself as he scoffs.

"Howdy, ill just wait out here"

"No its cold just wait in the living room, doors unlocked" i say closing the window.

Hearing him walk through  the front door as i hoist on some clothes, sorting out my hair and fonslly getting my back pack.

My machete hooked to the side as i sling it on.

Walking out and down the stairs where he perched on the sofa, it was awfully kind of them to give me a home even though they dont know me.

"You ready?"

"Ill get there...im (Y/N) by the way" i introduce myself.

"Joel, Ellie is the one who saved ya"

"She your daughter?"

He chuckles.

"Not by blood"

I nod and go to leave.

"Oh, almost forgot" he puts a hand on my shoulder and hands me a pistol.

"Youre trusting me with a gun?" I say taking it from him.

"Well yeah if you know how to use it, i aint trai-"

I cut him off by taking the magazine out and seeing the full clip.

Smiling as i pop it back in, pointing it down, pulling back the top and putting it in the back of my pants.

He smirks.

"I stand corrected" he says following me on a slow stroll to the gate, the snow sticking to the underside of my shoes.

"Hey Joel! Ive got her ready for ya!"

"Thanks Billy, we'll be right there" he replies walking to a horse.

I take a deep breath in as i watch him clamber onto the huge beast.

The horse gruffing as they try passing me one.

"Yeah no, i dont do horses" i say folding my arms alittle.

"Well you cant patrol without a horse, unless you wanna climb on back?"

I look at the horses behind, theres barely any space.

I suck the ait in through my teeth, thinking over my options before clambering on the back of his horse.

"Shit she's tall"