Chapter Fourteen

Jisung's POV:

I knew before anyone else told me that Ryu-ah had started dating Changbin. She had told me when she started dating him behind her father's back. It hurt a little that she was dating him, but I wouldn't break my promise to her. I would love her and stand by her side no matter what our relationship was, even if I was always just her best friend. 

After she officially started dating Changbin with Jin's permission, she started splitting her time between everyone, friends, family, and Changbin. She told me that her father made it clear that if Changbin started monopolizing her time, he'd end their relationship. I was glad that Jin was taking precautions that she didn't become one of those girls who became all about their boyfriend. Even if I was dating her, that's not what I would want, it would change part of her, and I love her the way she is. 

"Jisung?" Taeyong was waving his hand if front of my face in the practice room.

"Mianhae, Hyung," I apologized for not paying attention. 

All of the members of NCT, not counting WayV, who were in Beijing, were having a meeting. Taeyong called us together to tell us what to expect in the coming months with both him and Mark leaving by mid-September to tour with SuperM.

"Dream, you guys are already scheduled for your concerts. I know you will all kill them," Taeyong said. "You guys are amazing on stage and never leave your fans disappointed. So, don't let me down."

"They won't let you down," Mark said to him. "My boys are more than capable of handling the Dream tour."

Mark was smiling widely at us. 

"127, in my absence, Taeil will be stepping up to take charge. Dream, this affects you, too," Taeyong continued. "If you have any issues that require management assistance, please, go to Taeil. Just like I typically do, Taeil will be the go-between you clowns and management."

"How long will you and Mark be gone?" I asked. 

"I think we'll be back full-time in December." Mark said. "I believe right now our last scheduled concert is towards the end of November."

I sighed. Jaemin and I were still on shaky grounds even though we shared a room. We were going into our last term of high school, and our lives got flipped upside down because Lee Soo Man decided to make a super group, which is really another sub-unit of NCT featuring Baekhyun, Kai, and Taemin. More than half of the super group are members of NCT or WayV, which is also part of NCT, just the Chinese members. The only Chinese members still in Korea and NCT are Renjun and Chenle. SM pulled all the other members who were ethnically Chinese and sent them to LabelV, a company they owned but it's through other companies or something, and created WayV. It sucked. 

I completely dazed out again in the meeting. When the rest of Dream was leaving, Taeyong asked me to come to the studio with him to talk, leaving Doyoung to start 127's practice. After he closed the door behind us, he sat on the couch with me.

"Jisung, are you alright?" he asked me, worried. "I know you're the youngest and don't always pay attention to everything in the meetings, but you seemed completely checked out today."

"I'm sorry, Hyung," I told him. "I guess I'm just tired."

Immediately, Taeyong pulled out the thermometer he kept in the studio. He put a cover on it and then put the thermometer in my ear. When it beeped he took it out to look at it.

"Your temperature is a little high," he said. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm just tired. Things have just been crazy in the last few months," I replied.